𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥

HELLO, WORLD LOUIE ZONG
"Programmed to work and not to feel."

No Longer Human

No Longer Human. a japanese novel by Osamu Dazai, ranking second-best most sold novel in japan.

And not so surprisingly, [name] had revered the masterpiece of literature.

A man who was incapable of revealing his true self to others, hides behind a facade of hollow jocularity. the subject itself was amusing, enticing them to read the arcane novel.

(please do not spoil the book! I still haven't read it yet but and im planning to buy it soon!!)

they were enthralled with the poetic lines of ambiguity, the intricate phrases brimming with obscurity, and the exposure of human nature.

and with an additional detail, it was a gift from their mother on their tenth birthday—in the beginning, [name] was reluctant to even unfold the item, their nose always scrunching in disgust at the very sight of it. the rationale to their actions of contempt was simple; it was from their mother.

to receive a gift after years of derelict, why would they accept the mere offering if it was from someone they loathed? ever since they received the neatly sheathed present that was sent through a servant, [name] immediately took heed of the lack of sincerity.

their mother was not one to offer if it didn't benefit her, so what was her motive? was it not sent by their mother and perhaps was using the woman's name to remain anonymous? or was it done out of sheer guilt? the goodness of her heart? whatever it was, it certainly was not the latter.

but despite their subtle hatred towards the item who did not have a mind of its own, and was utterly clueless to the despotic treatment; [name] had grown out of the phase of immaturity, the scene of the said individual resting on their bed whilst savoring every word they flicked through was proof of the claim.

(what did i eat today to be this good 😩🖐)

bringing back to the present, accompanied with an apology for the abstruse words written by the author, [name] had placed aside the book, securing it inside an empty drawer at the side of their bed.

"Its time to buy groceries," they softly hummed, stretching out their arms to relieve the numb sensation of their arms. "Should I go thrifting while I'm at it?"

 "Should I go thrifting while I'm at it?"