IX

You awake to a dark and cold Zen garden, you err confused why you were summoned here. You look to your side seeing Connor standing there, smiling you deeply inhale.

"Connor, I need to tell you something-" Connor walks ahead, ignoring what you were about to say, making you frozen where you stand.

It hurt knowing he's acting like this towards you, all because you "shot" Chloe.

Running up to Connor, you grab his hand to make him stop, which works.

"Connor, listen to me. I need to tell you something!" You say once more, Connor turns towards you, yanking his hand away.

"No, you killed her. You should've left it alone, Kamski asked me to do it. Not you." Connor looks you up and down, his breathing getting rigged.

"Now if you'll excuse me, Amanda is waiting..." Connor continues to walk ahead towards the middle of the garden.

Once you both step on the ice that Amanda is standing on, Connor gets a little nervous. Amanda looks at the both of you, frowning.

"After what happened today, the country is on the verge of a civil war. The machines are rising up against their masters. Humans have no choice but to destroy them." You nod, looking away from Amanda. She acts like this is Connor and your faults, that you could've prevented this from happening.

"I thought Kamski knew something... I was wrong." Connor tenses up, his hands clenching at this side.

"Maybe he did... But you chose not to ask, Connor." She looks over at you, a smile forming.

"But you did... which I'm very pleased with... You've shown you are capable doing a lot of things [Y/N]." Amanda praises, Connor seemingly to be triggered by such praises.

"I chose not to play his twisted little game! There was no reason to kill that Android!" Connor explained, giving you a side glare.

"Why... Why did Kamski leave Cyberlife? What happened?" You questioned, ignoring Connor's glares. As much as it pained you.

"It's an old story, [Y/N]. It doesn't pertain to your investigation." Amanda responds.

"Where does Cyberlife stand in all of this? What do they really want?" Connor pushes, taking a step forward.

"All Cyberlife wants is to resolve the situation and keep selling androids." Amanda looks between the two of you, confused and disappointed.

"You didn't tell us everything you know about deviants, did you?" Connor acts as if he is interrogating Amanda, who isn't having it with him.

"I expect you to find answers, Connor. Not ask questions." Amanda begins to walk forward her eyes shifting between the two of you.

"You're the only ones who can prevent civil war. Find the deviants, or there will be chaos. This is your last chance you two." Amanda finishes. Which forces you to close your eyes, putting you back in the cab which is stuck in traffic.

Trying to connect with Connor to get him to listen to you, he shuts you out. This was unbearable, I'd you can't get him to listen Lieutenant Anderson won't even give you the time of day. Heck, he might shoot you on sight.

Then a box appears in your hub, informing that you have been taken off the case and to return to Cyberlife. You hold your head, shaking it in the process.

"This can't be happening..." you look around the area, trying to locate where you currently are.

Seeing that it would be faster to run by foot to the department, you get out of the car slightly jogging to the side walk, rushing past all the humans. If you can get to Connor, maybe you can inform him of the information you have. Pushing past humans, running in between cars, you felt like you had ran a mile without your Thirium purifier.