XI

Connor held its stomach, Thirium gushing out from the cracks of its hand. Arched over, its eyes wide, Connor looks up at you before peering back seeing Markus on the ground. The bullet had gone through Connor and hit Markus, a pool of blue blood underneath it's body forming. All the androids from the crowd gasps, a female android rushes to Markus's side.

"Markus! No... No, no, no! Please, not you!"

The android pleads while cradling Markus in its arms. With a soft grunt, Markus reaches up and gently cups the androids face.

"I'm alright... I'm.. Alright." Markus sounded out of breath, it studied the android in front of it, using its thumb to wipe the tears away, giving it a smile.

Your hand begins to tremble, heading thousands of voices in the crowd yell at you, throwing objects that they've found even the snow up towards you. Connor straightens up, it's eyes not leaving yours.

"She shot Markus! Destroy her!"

"Kill her!"

"Traitor!"

You scanned the crowd, fear spreading through your system. You didn't understand what was going on, this feeling that was set inside of your body like a match that had just lit itself. Feeling a hand on your arm, you jerk away stumbling backwards away from its source, from Connor. It's brown eyes pleasing to you, taking a few more steps towards you before you raise the gun at him once again.

"[Y/N]... Please don't do this," Connor begs.

"I will not fail this mission... I will not fail like you!" Snapping at your counterpart, making it flinch at your harsh words.

"Why are you doing this?" Gazing behind Connor, Markus is standing tall. It's chest proudly puffed out, using the female as support.

"I am just here to complete what I am programmed to do! To take you out!" You responded, not taking your eyes off of RK800.

You wanted to yell at Connor for that hopeless and hurt look in its eyes for making you feel like your Thirium pump was being ripped out of your chest. But the words wouldn't come out, the corrupted memories you had gotten from Amanda had Connor and you holding each other, but the vision was blurry.

"[Y/N]... You are nothing to them, you are just a tool." Markus claimed, making you aim at it.

"SHUT UP!"

"You are more than a machine that they created, listen to me [Y/N]..." Connor spoke, moving so that it was in the way of the shot standing much taller.

"What would you know, you've failed every single time. They were going to deactivate you, that's why you became a deviant! Because your a coward!" You didn't move when Connor came closer, shaking it's head at your words.

"I became a deviant because I realized that I was being used, that... I could be free, with you." Your eyes widens.

Connor's words making you step back a little away from him, his hand was slowly reaching for the gun in your hand which was trembling. Was that why they took your memories and deemed them corrupted, because they were of Connor falling for you?

Restoring Memory Cortex...

A box appears in your hub, showing you a percentage of the download of your software. This was a virus wasn't it, your systems had a virus. Connor gave you it to hurt you, to stop you from completing your mission. That's why they wanted to deactivate him, because he was corrupting you.

"With me? Don't me ridiculous... We only worked on cases together!"

Shaking your head, trying to get the idea of calling Connor a him out of your head. The feeling of déjà vu, like you had this conversation before with yourself about Connor.