VI

The sound of rain is heard, echoing inside your head. Opening your eyes, the Zen Garden was dark. If you could feel, it would probably feel like it was cold. Connor was next to you, seeing a umbrella near the marble bridge, connor shrugged grabbing it. Opening it up, you stand under it with Connor.

    The dark blue sky's pouring down rain, making the water in the river distorted. The two swans were curled around each other, as if holding the other to protect them. There were no other animal to be see beside the two white birds, they looked happy. You wish you could feel the same as you do, besides, even if you could. You are only a machine.

    The once calming garden felt like a bunch of mushed up thoughts, expressing each others feelings of doubts. Thunder shaking the sky, with a flash of lightning. It was as if the rain was condeeming the garden to be sad while the sky was full of rage, acting out, trashing to get attention.

    "I am sorry about today," Connor spoke up. It's voice was barely heard over thunder. Brown eyes staring down, almost as if Connor was ashamed.

    "I know that was your first mission, and we could've caught the deviants on the highway. But, the statistics showed you'd never make it to them. They barely got across, you would've shared the fate of road kill if you would've went." Connor explained, meeting your eyes. They looked sad.

    "I... I understand, Connor. At least we technically got one deviant, even if its head was smashed in from the impact on the ground and can't get that much info out of it...." Frustration hits you, jaw tense. Thunder booming from above, as if it was expressing your anger

    Our footsteps echo, splashing puddles. You move closer to connor, placing a hand on its arm. Connor seemed a bit pleased by this gesture, slightly easing into you.

    "But, I do have to admit." Looking up at a tree, droplets rolling off the leaves.

    "You were pretty amazing chasing that deviant." Complimenting Connor, who adverts its eyes. Mouth slightly agape, closing and reopening, as if trying to find the right words.

    "Thank you, [Y/N]. You were amazing too, you actually caught the deviant. And, not to mention you found it before me, you are pretty great." Connor's brown eyes seem to shimmer slightly, praising your abilities. Connor's LED was yellow, just like yours.

    There seemed to be this weird rippling effect, the rain stopped for a split moment, before starting back up again. It was odd, like the emotions that was in the garden had vanish, but was started right back up. The sky turning a softer shade of blue, giving the peace back to the garden.

    "There's Amanda," Pointing Connor, picks up its pace. Trying to get to it's handler, like a little puppy.

    "Hello Amanda," the AI was the same beside the yellow on her arm now.

Amanda Trusted.

    "Connor, [Y/N]. I've been expecting you... Would you two mind a little walk?" She questioned, Connor nodded walking over to her using the umbrella to shield her instead of you.

    The rain soaking your clothing, as Connor walks with Amanda ahead. It was a bit hurtful that Connor would do that to you, but, then again you both are a machine. Amanda is both now your handlers, anything she says you have to obey. No matter what.

    "That deviant seemed to be an intriguing case... A pity you didn't capture it, thankfully you had [Y/N] to finish what you both were programmed to do." Connor looks down at Amanda, her words probably feeling like knives to it. She was disappointed in Connor.

    "Sadly, we couldn't get much out of it. Too damaged, from it jumping off the roof...." Turning her head, it was your turn to get her wrath of the disappointment card. Her hard stare almost making your limbs wanting to stop working, maybe take your optical unit out to not see that look on her face.