50

From that moment things dissolved into chaos with Cami's anger causing Lucien's to grow

Engulfed with rage over Cami's disrespect, he'd yelled with such ferocity that even Frankie who'd been convincing herself she wasn't frightened flinched back and felt her heart begin to pound. Though she didn't often let herself remember the times Mitch would yell it didn't mean she did well with raised voices and Lucien's rage was accompanied by the very real truth that he had the power to hurt them with barely any effort nor remorse.

What followed Lucien's rage was worse still as he noted her fear and grinned devilishly at her. Next turning to Kinney, ordering him to slice open an artery with the command that if Frankie so much as stood from her seat, he was to slice open a second.

Frankie sunk in her place while Cami stared in horror, powerless against Lucian and his will.

At one point when Lucien had left, she'd tried leaning across to at least help Kinney quell the bleeding but that had caused him to snatch up a knife and hold against her throat. It was clear that the threat wasn't something he'd done of his own volition because his eyes widened in terror until she held her hands up and leaned away.

"You've made your point," Frankie snapped when Lucien strolled into the room an hour later to check their progress, "You win, humans lose. Heal him and let him go. I'm here, you don't need both of us as a threat for Cami to find your little medal."

Lucien rolled his eyes, ignoring Frankies pleas and Kinney's eyelids drooping closed, instead turning to Cami expectantly, "Have you found it?"

"Maybe," Cami said, looking past him to Frankie and Kinney nervously, "but I'll only show you if you heal him now."

"Show me first," he pressed.

"Heal him."

Lucien faltered as though he was considering the proposition and Frankie's heart pounded with hope. Kinney beside her was worsening by the second and she wasn't sure how much longer he'd be able to manage considering the amount of blood that was pouring into the ice bucket Lucien had provided to save the floors.

"Heal him," Frankie said desperately, "We're obviously not going anywhere, just heal him."

With an overdramatic sigh, Lucien bit into his wrist, reluctantly allowing his blood to drip into a glass before passing it over.

"It's okay," Cami soothed as Frankie passed Kinney the cup, "You can drink it. It'll heal you."

Despite the disgusted expression across his face, Kinney pulled the cup towards him, his hands shaky as he tipped it to his lips. The blood worked quickly at least, the wound stitching itself up and his body losing the sallowness that had been engulfing him over the past hour.

Lucien turned to Cami now, striding closer expectantly. All eyes were on her and Cami's eyes flicked to Frankies quickly before nervously pulling out a skull shaped object. Frankie wasn't sure what it was about the way Cami glanced at her but she steeled herself to fight. She wasn't brave enough to stand from the chair, Kinney was still compelled to slice open a second artery if she did, but she was preparing for something nonetheless.