28

tw: drug use

tw: drug use

Unsurprisingly, Frankie and Elijah didn't exactly talk about the night before when they both woke up, Elijah had considered bringing it up but when she rolled over to face him with a lazy smile on her face he didn't have the heart to make it disappear.

They both had big days ahead. For Elijah, Klaus was away leaving him with the keys to his kingdom and he had full intentions of running it much more diplomatically than his brother.

Frankie's plans were slightly less altruistic, she'd been texted the address for a party late last night and she fully intended on taking advantage of the opportunity to tune out for an evening. The party started late giving her a little time to actually eat a proper meal as well as clean her apartment that had been half abandoned since the day she'd been kidnapped and pulled back into the Mikaelson's world.

She'd texted Josh and Cami to come with her but neither were free. Cami was working and sounded a little off but Frankie presumed it was more the kind of party that it was and that it wasn't her particular vibe. Josh however she'd expected to have been in but despite the four texts she'd sent she hadn't heard from him after she'd told him what happened to Davina. In the end, she went alone, it was what was easiest and she was no stranger to a little solo boogie, especially as she would surely make friends there.

By the time she arrived, it was nearing six and she was three drinks deep with her molly just about to kick in. It was a tough choice for her, waiting till it kicked in and having to make her way to the woods high as a kite or heading early and having to deal with the dip at the party where she didn't really know anyone aside from some kids from the skate park.

The party too was less of a small gathering and more of a literal rave in the woods complete with glow sticks, neon, and a lot of body paint. Regardless, an hour in and she was delighted by any decision she'd ever made, all thoughts of Davina or some diabolical Klaus plan nonexistent.

Molly wasn't an unfamiliar drug to Frankie but it also wasn't something she did with such regularity that she could predict its effects which was why when she started feeling at the peak of a high and Elijah's name appeared on her phone an hour in, she pulled it to her ear with a grin.

"Elijah!" she yelled, laughter bubbling from her lips as a couple beside her pretended to cheer at her joy, "It's you!"

"It's me," he chuckled, "Are you-"

"Do you remember when I went to that ball with you?" she cut him off, ignoring the reason he'd called with the memory flooding into view, "When I made you promise to do something that I liked since I had to wear a dress and heels?"

"I do."

Though Frankie couldn't see him she knew he had a grin of amusement on his face and more laughter bubbled from her lips before she remembered why she was asking. She'd made Elijah promise to join her for an event of her choosing when he'd invited her to a ball where she needed to wear a fancy dress and heels.