06

While Frankie should've been used to the cryptic nature of Klaus' speeches towards her, the way he skirted around the topic of his family and yet forcefully seemed to consider her part of it infuriated her

While Frankie should've been used to the cryptic nature of Klaus' speeches towards her, the way he skirted around the topic of his family and yet forcefully seemed to consider her part of it infuriated her. His reassurances that all would be revealed in time didn't make her any happier, each time she was reminded what everyone else seemed to know that she didn't she wanted to hit something, hard.

Klaus hadn't explained much about his hybrids after their expedition to the woods and although she was curious, she didn't pry, knowing it seemed to be a tender topic for him. Stefan had been driving the car when she fell asleep but when she woke, it was Klaus speeding along as the sun rose around them, his face pensive as he planned their next moves. They eventually arrived in Chicago, Klaus gleefully leading them to a bar that Stefan seemed to recognise.

She should've been used to people knowing who she was when she didn't know them, but she wasn't. The bar they'd entered was empty, it was barely past noon, and a woman was walking around, pulling chairs off tables as she set up for the day. She was wearing dark clothes with she had jewellery dangling off her loosely and she walked with power and confidence.

"Francesca Rossi," the woman called out in surprise as she caught sight of them by the door, Klaus and Stefan ignored beside her, "You're here, my lord. Never thought I'd see the day."

"It's Frankie," she replied shortly, "Have we met?"

The woman glanced to Klaus with a surprised expression on her face, they seemed to have a silent conversation while Stefan and Frankie watched on with confusion. Yet another person knew her and she could tell by the pause and Klaus' expression that she would be yet another person to dodge her questions.

"No," the woman replied, "I've just- never mind, I'm Gloria, It's nice to meet you honey," she turned towards to Stefan now, grinning as she came closer, "I remember you."

"Yeah," Stefan replied, he seemed surprised by her presence, "You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be. . . "

"Old and dead?" Gloria replied, Frankie snorted, she'd gathered through Klaus' cryptic comments that Stefan had last been here in the twenties, apparently Gloria was too. Gloria shot her a surprised grin before continuing, "Now if I die, who'd going to run this place, huh?"

"Gloria's a very powerful witch," Klaus explained.

"I can slow the ageing down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day."

"Stefan," Klaus called out, "Why don't you and Frankie go and fix us up a little something from behind the bar?"

"Oh delightful," Frankie mumbled under her breath, "No time to stop for a drive through meal but time enough to sit in a bar at twelve fifteen."

Klaus glared at her, despite her mumbling he could hear each word she said clearly but he turned his attention instead to Gloria. He needed to know what was going wrong as he attempted to create his hybrids and he didn't have time to worry about Frankie's tantrums.