51

When she looked back on the events of that afternoon later on, it was all a lot more of a blur than Frankie first realised

She remembered her and Cami's escape, the ring heavy in her pocket and the blood that coated her sleeves. There was the feeling of her clammy hands gripping Cami's so tightly as her friend frantically slammed her hand against the elevator button. Terror and adrenaline that coursed so strongly through their veins that their hands shook and their muscles tensed.

And then there was Aurora, her devilish grin and comparison to Francesca.

It wasn't that she'd been surprised to know Aurora knew about Francesca. She had no doubt that like her brother, she'd gone to visit her corpse after her death. While the thought itself revolted and horrified her, it wasn't exactly an unexpected one. She expected a grudge against her for what Elijah had done and she worried about what would happen now that she and Cami were alone with someone so clearly deranged. 

Elijah had told her enough about Aurora to know that she hated him and would likely want to do her harm. Unlike Lucian however who had some sanity and self preservation that required he keep her and Cami safe, it was clear almost immediately that Aurora had no boundaries nor barriers keeping her the same.

Frankie remembered waking up in a car, in the trunk to be exact, crammed in so tightly that she could feel every breath Cami took beside her. She wasn't sure how long she drove for nor how long she'd been out, she only felt as it stopped and started, each pause causing her heart to pound with fear. At last the trunk had been opened and they tried to attack, but this time was clumsier than the last and Aurora caught them both with ease.

They'd been brought to the church. Cami was shoved violently into a corner causing her to collapse to the floor, clearly disposed of until later when Aurora was interested in her. Frankie had tried to follow after her to see if she was okay but that was when Aurora's fingers curled tightly around her neck.

Pressed against the wall for a chat, Frankie learned a lot in that moment that she didn't remember until later. The conversation flitting away until the supernatural brought it back for her.

Aurora had been the one to lure her back to New Orleans. She'd impersonated her brother, delivering her the invitation to the Strix ball with Tristan's message to dissuade Elijah from suspecting anything. That had been why Tristan faltered when she'd brought it up, covering a moment later when he pieced it together with surprise. She'd wanted Frankie back because she wanted a chance to bring she and Elijah together and then inevitably to tear them apart.

Frankie heard first hand what had happened between Aurora and Klaus, curtesy of Elijah. Heard each agonising detail of the night and each word that Elijah had said in his rage and then watched it too as Aurora pushed the memory into her head, showing her too the pain she felt as it happened. The two accounts matched up surprisingly well but she should've known that Elijah wasn't one to lie to her.