13

Frankie was exhausted when she woke. Though it was past midday her alarm had been snoozed four times, she'd considered snoozing it a fifth only reconsidering as she actually caught sight of the time. 

The ends of her evening felt fuzzy though she remembered parts of it like Elena slipping off to talk to Esther and how certain she'd been about Elena lying to them. She remembered dancing with Elijah and Klaus and teasing Klaus and Kol and she knew she'd had fun. Rebekah looked beautiful and Caroline had come up to her to compliment her dress while Klaus watched with lovestruck eyes.

She remembered too, Elijah's hand on her back and then around her waist, her leaning against him in her sleepy buzz, him driving her home and then helping her up to her apartment. As she'd headed to the shower she saw the dress abandoned on the floor and she wouldn't have been surprised if her tipsy nature had asked him to help with that too, so eager to crash she knew she wouldn't have wanted to take longer to undress.

He was so accomodating that she knew he'd have obliged and she nearly stifled a laugh at the image of him, unzipping her dress and likely turning away to protect her modesty. She didn't remember how she got to bed, she wasn't particularly good at that when she drank too much but she felt it was likely that he'd had something to do with that too.

The next time she saw him she'd need to redefine their boundaries, say thanks for the fun night but I'm not in love with you, cheers, apologies if tipsy me got a bit blurry on the lines. Perhaps that would be overkill though, rubbing salt into the proverbial dead soulmate wound. Maybe Elijah was just kind, a nice guy who'd be fine with just being her friend, being someone to talk to but likely not more than that. She wasn't exactly ready to start dating someone so soon after everything that happened between her and Mitch, no matter how dead and buried that might be.

Skating to the Grill she read back her messages from the evening, there was one from her brother with a joke about her dancing, one from Damon asking if she'd gotten laid and there was one from Elena that said they needed to talk. Ignoring the first two, Frankie replied to Elena telling her that she'd call her back on her break.

The Grill was a bizarre place to work at times, Mystic Falls being such a small town, the Grill operated at all hours, serving coffee and pancakes in the morning and burgers and drinks in the evening. It was a good place to work, people tipped well and with everyone knowing everyone she often had shifts where she saw friends of hers and got to chat as she worked. The downside of this however was that when her brother took his new girlfriend to the Grill, she got to stand at the bar and watch them flirt.

"Hey Ricky," her voice was light as she greeted him with a grin, "you two look cosy. How's your girl going, no murder sprees today?"

"She's fine," he rolled his eyes, "she's not the killer. You just spend too much time with Damon."

"He's a good tipper," she laughed, grabbing their glasses and beginning to fill them, "Do you know what's up with Elena? She sent me a message saying she needs to talk to me but when I tried to call her on my break she wouldn't pick up."