07

The night had ended soon after Rebekah's reunion with the modern world

The night had ended soon after Rebekah's reunion with the modern world. Much to Frankie's dismay, Klaus had convinced Rebekah not only to keep whatever the great secret was from Frankie, but also to not undagger Elijah yet. Frankie was pissed, at every turn answers were denied to her and she was frustrated being the only one kept out from the big secret that was so well known some witch in a foreign city knew while she couldn't.

The morning after followed much the same as previous days although at least Rebekah was wreaking havoc on Klaus' carefully controlled monarchy. Each time Klaus twitched with rage at her petulance and insults, Frankie felt at least somewhat vindicated. Rebekah was nice, a little bratty and quite full on, but Frankie enjoyed having a change in company and especially a change that brought rage to Klaus.

They'd spent the morning in a fancy boutique watching Rebekah try on dress after dress, eager to find her own style in a fashion world so different from the one she'd last left. Frankie had leant her clothes so she needn't wear her dated and bloodied dress but the trousers and ripped shirt she'd been given only resulted in disgust. She didn't really take it personally, Frankie liked being comfortable but it was clear casual attire wasn't something that Rebekah could tolerate.

Surprising no one, Klaus had compelled them champagne, pouring it freely as they'd watched Rebekah show option after option after option and while Stefan had been allowed to leave the store to get some air, when Frankie attempted to follow, Klaus' fingers had circled her wrist and pulled her back down rudely. With a glower, Frankie retaliated by downing a lot more of the champagne than was necessary and goading Rebekah on, encouraging her to both try and buy more of the clothes, as well as continue to tease Klaus.

Finally Klaus conceded, tugging Frankie with him to get lunch before they met Rebekah back at Gloria's bar.

The relationship between Frankie and Klaus was a funny one, he certainly didn't seem like he liked her, but thinking back on Gloria's words from the night before she realised he often did seem to cave into her demands. Even now as he sat watching her eat her lunch, although he was frustrated with Rebekah's inability to help in the way he hoped, he hadn't actually taken it out on her. She'd spent the morning taunting and teasing him too and all she'd received were snarky replies, but no actual punishments for the offences, even in instances that would've cost Stefan a hand round his throat or through his chest.

After their meal, Klaus and Frankie arrived back at Gloria's with Rebekah following soon after. Gloria continued to give Frankie sympathetic glances but Klaus didn't give them a chance to talk alone and she wasn't able to attempt to interrogate her again this time. This was only the second time that Frankie had seen a witch in action and she watched curiously as Gloria pottered around the empty bar, setting up candles and laying out a large antique looking book.

Eventually Stefan returned, he seemed nervous and when Frankie offered him her beer that she'd been sipping on, really just as something to do, he downed it gratefully, his fingers tapping anxiously across the bar top.