Chapter Seven

I walk inside my house and instantly regret not staying with Cameron.

"Where the hell have you been child?" My mother came up to me yelling.

"Mom I'm not a child anymore. I was just out with friends." I sort of lied to her.

"All night?!" She screamed at me.

"Then I spent the night at Kaylas!" I yelled back at her.

"That wasn't Kaylas car!" She tried to continue the argument. I roll my eyes and walk away from her. Typical, I know, but I had to get away from her. I go to my room and lock the door.

I sat down on my bed and pulled the covers over myself. I finally decided to check my phone. Garret was probably worried about me.

He had texted like ten times so I texted him back telling him that I was okay and home. Then I seen that Kayla had texted me a few times as well wondering where I was. So I texted her to come get me so I could tell her everything.

I decided to change my clothes and put my hair up. I didn't put any makeup on. I definitely wasn't in the mood right now.

Kayla texted me when she got here. I again just snuck out. I didn't really care what my mother thought anymore.

I ran outside and down to Kaylas car. "Hey babe, you okay?" She asked before driving away.

"So much, I'll explain when we get to the diner." I tell her. The diner was really what it was called. Kayla and I spend a lot of time there.

"Okay." She smiles.

It was long until we arrived at the diner. Ugh, I could really eat a cheeseburger right now.We both go inside and place our orders.

"So tell me all the details." Kayla speaks up.

"Well I went to a party..." I start off.

"What?! Without me?"

"With Garret." I add, which set her off even more.

"With GARRET?!?!" She literally screamed and jumped up from the booth we were in. Everyone was now staring at us.

"Sit down!" I scold her.

"Okay okay. But Garret?!" She whispered, still too loudly.

"I know, but look hear me out. I didn't know what you were so I didn't want to bother you." I start off. "I needed to get my mind off of things because my mom had just told me her and dad were getting a divorce."

"What? Seriously?" She asked. She was just in as much shock as I was when I found out. I finish telling Kayla about the party and everything that had happened with Mr.Graves.

"So are y'all together?!" She was getting too excited now.

"Not yet, he's taking me on a date tonight first." I tell her. "Could he pick me up at your house though? Mom and I aren't doing too good." I asked her.

"Girl of course. We'll get you all dressed up too." We both finish our food and leave The diner.

We arrive at Kaylas house and immediately go up to her room to me ready for tonight.

"So I have this long dark blue dress, I think it'll be perfect." Kayla said as she dug through he closet. "If I can find it anyways." She laughs.

"Okay well I'm gonna hop in the shower." I say. She nods as I walk into the bathroom. Before I take a shower I text Cameron where to pick me up at.

I turn the shower on and let the water warm up. Then I step in, letting the water run down my body.

After I get out of the shower I go back out of the bathroom and start drying my hair.

"I found it!" She told me as soon as I sat down.

"Ohh it's so pretty! Thank you."

"How do you want me to do your makeup?" She asked.

"Just a natural look I guess." I didn't like wearing a lot makeup. She's nod and starts as I finish drying my hair.

After my makeup we decide to curl my hair. Next I put the dress on. I walk over in front of the mirror to see how I looked.

"Wow." I said as I looked at myself. I moved, and seen the slit in the dress that revealed my leg. "It looks amazing. Thank you!" I run over and hug Kayla.

"You're welcome babe. Anything for you." She hugs me back. "Here now puts these on." She adds, handing me a pair of black heels. Is it down and slip them on. "Perfection!" She clapped.

"He's outside!" I jumped up as I seen the text from Cameron.

"Well what are you waiting for go on!" Kayla says. I think she was more excited. She starts to push out of her room and down the stairs. We both walk out the front door together.

Cameron was standing outside his car. He looked up to me and froze.

"Whoa."