|Behind The Scenes|

Peters eyed the corpse for a moment before turning to Ross. "These men will take her away." The second man, a stout, pale fellow, stared lecherously at the corpse. The other men shuffled from him and headed for the body. Ross shivered as he felt a piercing gaze on his back. "They could at least have covered her up." One man grumbled while dragging scraps of cloth over her chest. Everyone scowled at the third man, who was trying to cover between his legs. "Ghastly!" Peters yelled some curses, then signaled to Ross and Yuuka as the men hauled the corpse away.

"Ross! Thank goodness you're here! It was madness! I talked to some of my men and the witnesses. A big buffoon walked in with a cleaver and started slashing at people, then he spotted the girl. Three people tried to get him, but no one could hold him back. It was like he was possessed! He kept grunting, 'Rss...Rss...' The girl tried to run, but the man broke free, injuring five men in the process. She ran behind that stall, but he flipped it with his bare hands. Where do these hooligans come from??" Peters hissed before taking a deep breath. Yuuka pinched her forehead and sighed.

"After flipping it, the girl sprinted towards the crowd. My men were at the scene, and they were about to get her. Unfortunately, this buffoon grabbed her hair and started slashing at her body. Pieces of her flesh flew all over the place!" Peters paused to catch his breath. "The sound of cracking bones traumatized my men. The poor thing still tried to escape, but then he slammed his cleaver into her chest and dragged it out slowly. Some witnesses reported that they heard him chanting something before he fled. He jumped into a sewer nearby, and we haven't seen him since!"

"This sounds like something out of a novel. I was looking at some files, and I found some leads. " Ross turned to Yuuka. "Someone is masterminding the entire thing. The deaths...why are they sacrificing these girls?" "There's no sane reason why..." Ross hung his head. Everyone sulked, frustrated at the dead end. Who was killing these girls? An officer jogged up to Peters and whispered in his ear. "Blimey!" "Maybe we should go home and rest. Tomorrow will be more stressful, and we still need our energy. Call me if you have updates." Ross straightened his clothes and walked with the group to a crowd of agitated witnesses.

Napoleon poured a bottle of ale over his head. "They did it...they've started..." He mumbled rubbish in a sing-song voice while slashing at some photos of young girls. "That blasted cockroach won't be able to do anything now! We are the light..." He hiccuped while swaying from side to side. Three nuns walked into the room with rags, a mop, a white robe, and a water bucket. One nun took off his soaked clothes and threw the clean cone over his head. The second nun scrubbed the floor with the mop, while the third nun used the rags to wipe Naopelon's face. They winced as Napoleon pinched their arms and feet. On other days, he was more violent towards them. The moment they finished their work, they scrambled out of the room. Napoleon slapped his cheeks three times before chanting a summoning demon.

Peters scribbled furiously on his police reports. There were too many killings going on! Besides the murders of the girls, he still had some other cases to solve. An old woman and her son were found hacked to death in their home, four men went missing after drinking at a bar, a waitress was murdered and slashed to death...He was about to drop his pen when the room suddenly got chilly. A small breeze darted past his neck. He shot up and slammed the desk. "Who's there!?" A light giggle echoed in his head before the lights started flickering. Between the flashes of darkness, he peered at a dark figure standing behind the door. A wobbly lanky figure rapped the door lightly. Peters looked at the cross hanging on the wall and sneered, "You can't come in unless I let you. Be gone in the name of the Lord, you soldier of Satan!"

The figure glitched before shrieking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Happy new year! I've just finished exams now, and I'm getting back on track with my fiction writing. This time, I'm coming back with more ideas, and some original art to go with my stories! Thank you to everyone who supported me/ still supports me. I hope you enjoy what you read! ❤❤