|An Unwelcome Visit|

The sky slowly darkened, and large dark clouds spotted the starless sky. The golden lights from the street lights illuminated the roads. The dark clouds soon released torrents of rain. Ross shivered as he approached his car. If he stayed too long in the freezing weather, he would catch a cold.

He entered his car and started the engine. There was a loud hum, then silence. He tried turning the key again, but there was no response. 

He forcefully banged the seat next to him. "Cars these days. They sometimes have minds of their own." He turned the key for the last time, hoping for the engine to turn on. The engine revved with satisfaction. The car suddenly jerked forward, and Ross almost banged his forehead on the dashboard. He grabbed his hair in frustration before taking long, deep breaths to calm down. He thought his car agreed with him about having its own mind.

Ross arrived home after the long and wet journey. The water from his clothes wet the floor. When he arrived at his room, he put away his wet clothes in a basket and dried his body with a dry towel. He took out his pajamas, a long white silk robe, from his oak wood closet. He lay on his bed, pulled the covers to his nose, then he finally dozed off.

'Lord, please keep me safe.'

The five thugs sat round a small wooden barrel in their alley, their home. "I swear to God...that man...if I ever see him again, I will kill him. My arm hurts like hell!!" He clutched the wounded area, an angry red patch on his pale, flaky skin. "You wish. He'd kill you in a moment! Did you see the gap between the officers' heads?! It's tinier than a pebble! Be grateful you're alive!" His friend bellowed. Ross almost killed him, and they should be focused on his healing, not his rants.

"It doesn't matter how well he uses a gun! I, Henry of the Slums, will pulverize him!" He bellowed, and flecks of spit flew into the air. "That aside, how much money were we able to get today?" The brown-eyed girl, Sarah, shook her head miserably. "I've counted only three pounds and five shillings." Pete lost his cool immediately. "You guys never listen to me! I knew we should have robbed that gentleman with the grey coat! He practically stunk of money! Idiots, all of you!" 

"Idiot!? You're the one who got himself shot in the arm! You're a huge freak now, Bullet Wound!"

"Hello, boys-"

"Dunce! You couldn't even lift up a sack of meat! No wonder the butcher was able to beat you up! You're too stupid!"

"Henry please-"

"Moron! You don't know the difference between sugar, salt, and baking powder! Because of you, three months ago, we starved because you practically poisoned our hard-earned cake!"

"Dunderhead!" "

You're a joke!!"

"EVERYONE SHUT UP!!"

Sarah panted and pinched her forehead. A time she wondered if they were adults or bickering children. Hayley, the mentally disturbed member of the group, and the green-eyed twin started laughing maniacally.

The twins had a tragic past in a wealthy family. Their wealth surpassed that of at least eighty percent of all the Londoners. Their family was huge, the twins were only two of thirteen children born from four wives. Because of their lack of affection and proper training, they grew up unable to show compassion, love, and care.

Their mother was the only ray of sunshine in their lives. At that time, they would have gladly died for her sake. Out of the four wives, their mother was the only woman who refused to be violent and cruel towards her children. The other wives and their children maltreated and abused her and the twins. They would always see her as weak, even if she acted like them towards her own children. When the twins were five years old, she died on her bed. The police found an empty bottle of pills on the mahogany dresser next to her.

Despite growing up in a wealthy family, all the children never knew where their money came from. The adults hid the truth: the predecessors engaged in black magic to increase their wealth, sacrificing countless people. One day, as they were playing with their toys in their room, two people in black barged in. They held guns, and one of the hit the twins over their heads. The twins remembered nothing else from that day.

"I want to get revenge. I despise that man." "I'll kill them all! They'll pay for what they have done!!" She screamed in a harsh, shrill voice. "Calm down! Can't you see how we struggle?" Sarah's voice grew softer. "I just wish there was a place we could go to gain power...they'll crumble before us, then." "Those fools will pay for their insolence..." 

The Chinese man appeared in front of them like a sudden breeze. They rammed their backs into the wall. "Who the heck are you?" George's legs quaked. The Chinese man ignored him and gazed at the twins. "Do you want revenge?" They nodded slowly. "Then pledge yourselves to serve the Master." Everyone except Hayley was confused at his words. "Give us the power..." Hayley blurted out the words. Sarah's face twisted in horror. Immediately, Chu struck them with his hand, and they died instantly. "Souls of the selfish deserve to burn in hell." The Chinese man then vanished into the night.

Some minutes later, an old woman holding a small basket passed through the alley. As she walked by, she saw the bodies of the gang. She flung her basket away and made to scream when the Chinese man appeared behind her. He bared his giant white teeth in her face and snarled. "Why did you leave him behind?" She stood frozen and confused, trying to remember the 'him.' Long black claws shot from his fingertips. "Souls like yours are to be punished!" He slashed her shoulder, and it fell on the ground. Her body slumped down. A large pool of blood formed around her until she finally died. The Chinese man long since vanished.

At 5 am the next day, Ross and his team were already at the alley. Yuuka Aido, a Japanese forensic detective, was also at the scene. She started with the old woman's corpse. Her right shoulder was totally sliced off, leaving a small jagged cavern on her side. The corpse refused to rot. The stench of fresh blood hung in the air. Turning to the gangs' corpses, she saw that their bodies were already stiff and cold. The degree of violence on the woman perplexed Yuuka. A policeman walked up to her. "I don't think this attack is from an animal or human, ma'am." She nodded slowly and walked to the other corpses.

Something dangerous lurked in the shadows near them...