| A Short Battle|

Chu's steps were quiet and deadly. As he neared Ross, a fat crow flew into his face. Using his claws, he sliced the bird's head into six parts, but it also made him stomp on the roof. Ross, who dozed off, leaped off his chair and dashed to the window. Chu already disappeared, but Ross saw a black mass with a bight smile speed past his face. A bright, white light flashed outside, and his body slumped to the floor with a heavy thud. Ross woke up on a white plane decorated with white bushes. He whipped his head to his back, and a bright white figure flew towards him. It moved so fast that it uprooted the bushes and dented the plane. Giant white feathers arranged on might falcon wings blew gusts of white sparkles in his face. They dissolved into the air as soon as they touched his skin. 

It approached him and began talking to him. "I am Alnorite. The Dragon God, Chu is coming for you! The Lord sent me to tell you this message: You must get to him and defeat him. Use your silver cross as your weapon. I will warn you: do not ask any questions, and so not touch his tattoo if you do not hold the cross. You will be safe, for the Lord will protect you. Find me at the museum in the Babylon Tomes on the ACT OF THE SEVEN ARTS. Search for Alnorite in the table of contents." One of Alnorite's wings slammed into his cheek, flinging him back to reality. Ross woke up with a banging in his head. He stood up, clutching the silver necklace on his neck. His grandfather passed it to him, one of his family's heirlooms. The cross gleamed with a peculiar white light that reminded him of Alnorite.

The night was perfect for a fight. The few clouds in the sky blocked the dull moonlight. As Ross thought about Chu, a vision appeared to him. He saw Chu sitting cross-legged in the alley behind his house, ripping the hairs off a stray cat.

'You are the Saint. You will defeat The Dragon.'

Alnorite's voice echoed in his mind. Ross arranged his cross, put on a pair of boots, and headed to the back door.

'You are the first of your kind.' Ross repeated his words, arranging his hair as he approached his door. A sickly smell filled the room: the smell of death. Tiny, black dust-like specks floated around the kitchen. Low moans and shrill cackles surrounded him from every corner. 'Do not fear them. This is your battle, the first fight between The Dragon and The Saint.'

Chu finished plucking every hair from the stray cat. Three small legs attached to its heart crawled out of its mouth and plopped next to Chu's feet. "Go to the Grand duke's prostitute and kill her baby." Chu loved to stir trouble in the royal families Chu cracked his knuckles and chuckled as Ross approached him. "You're the angel's boy? The last one I met had a chest that could rival a wagon!" Ross frowned and stopped thirteen steps before Chu. "My brain's bigger than yours." Chu threw his head back and guffawed, clutching his stomach. "You're definitely smarter. Alnorite should have told you about me. I'm the Chu you want. I'm the Chu that visited your old man some time ago. I'm also the Chu that will grind your bones between my teeth tonight." Jagged, bloody fangs protruded from his mouth; his legs cracked and rearranged themselves like hind legs. Putting his cross on his neck, he balled his fists and braced himself. Ross coughed into his sleeve, pushing away tiny specks of soot and dried blood circling around his head. "Let's begin our fight. On the count of ten, we start." "Chu nodded, and two horns sprouted from his forehead. They started counting at the same time. "One, two, three..." Alnorite's voice echoed softly in Ross's mind.

'Go for his head. Make sure you restrain him, but if you are unable to, I will come to assist you.'

"Eight, nine, ten!" As soon as he finished, Chu headed for Ross's head.

His claws reached for Ross's eyes, but Ross ducked and landed a blow at his stomach. Ross's attack, sent Chu flying headfirst into the wall. Chu painfully wrenched himself out of the wall. One could see the shape of his body where he had been thrown. The surrounding area was filled with tiny cracks along with the stone bricks. It was amazing how the wall didn't even crumble. Ross was shocked at his newfound immense strength, but he had to focus on the fight. Any moment of distraction could kill him. Chu was not a merciful person.

The cross started to glow on Ross' neck. He tore it off and held it tightly in his hand. Within seconds, the cross morphed into a long, thick chain. A long silver blade hung from one end, while a knob embedded with a glowing blue jewel was at the other end. The knob wrapped itself around his hand while the sword rested itself in his hand. Chu smirked a few steps away. "He gave you a needle and a rope to beat me?" Without thinking, Ross struck at Chu with the blade, slicing off half of his cheek. Black slime mixed with blood flowed from the wound and splattered on the floor. Some of it wriggled like slugs, crawling over Chu's face and seeping into his skin. Chu had enough. He charged at Ross, throwing multiple punches and slicing the air in an attempt to cut off his neck. Chu butchered Ross's coat, as Ross used his blade to block his claws. Ross finally saw an opening, and he wrapped the chain tightly around his neck. The chain glowed and swiftly wrapped itself tightly around Chu's neck. A foul odor seeped out from his neck. Ross kept his composure and pulled on the chain again. Chu spat out more of the substance while the skin on his neck bubbled.

Alnorite shouted in his mind. "Ask him questions now!" Ross nodded and jerked the chain harder Chu choked for a few seconds before Ross loosened it. "Who are you working for?" "I work for a man in a church." Ross started to feel a small headache on the side of his head. "That's not enough, you bastard. Do you have any partners?" "I work alone, Sherlock..." Chu was not easily deceived as he hoped. "He is someone you'll get to know in the future." Chu hinted that his master was male, and that was all Ross needed. "That's all?" Ross wrapped the chain further down his neck and pulled. More of Chu's skin festered and bled. "Isn't this enough for you? The angel should be done with me now." Alnorite spoke to Ross again. "He's right. Let him go, but be alert." Ross flicked his wrist, and the chain unraveled itself off Chu's neck. It returned to him, wrapping itself snugly on his wrist. Chu glared at him one more time before disappearing. Ross closed his eyes and concentrated on getting the chain back to normal. After a few moments, the chain transformed back into a necklace. Arranging his coat, Ross made his way back home. He needed a good night's sleep.

The late nights of London were quiet and a time to get some sleep...for most people. One of the busiest places was the Drunk Carts night club, founded by Carl Sparrow, the brother-in-law of the 'frozen' policeman from the museum. The case was still ongoing, and the police were trying their best to find the culprits. 'Frozen policemen' were unheard of! Carl's younger sister was married to Dennis's older brother. They never got along. Carl cherished his reputation as one of the most ruthless and successful gangsters, alcohol dealers, and black-market tycoons in London. Countless men lost their lives every day, hustling to put money in his pocket. His harem of beautiful women loathed him, but they worshipped him for his wealth. A policeman and gangster living together in one family!? Well, it wasn't easy to get along. Carl covered up his tracks well. Most times, he and Dennis loathed each other. Other times, they could act friendly towards each other, just like family members should.

As a family man, Dennis often tried to give allowances to Carl. Carl could be very sloppy at times, which Dennis used to his advantage. He made sure to check Carl once in a while before he became too powerful. Even with his hatred for Dennis, Carl did not attack him at the museum. He relied on Dennis's influence to keep low profiles with the law, and Dennis relied on him for financial gain. He had no ill intentions towards him, only that he should stay out of his way and mid his own business. None of his men could ever do something like that, anyway. His sister practiced witchcraft, but her relationship with Dennis was strong. She could never hurt him. Her magic wasn't even near strong enough to put him in his current state, and she would have tried to protect him the best she could. The rest of the family had no ill feelings towards Dennis. Out of the list of suspects responsible for Dennis's condition, his family was ruled out of the list.