|A Miserable Woman|

Alnorite whispered to Ross. 'Be careful, because you're not alone.' The mermaid statue vaguely felt like the real Unira. After all, the mermaid on the stone looked like Unira. He spotted a mermaid-like shadow everywhere he went. At the aquarium, a small mermaid darted across the water. Ross reached into his pocket to touch his crucifix. "Get ready," Ross spoke softly to The cross glowed in his pocket, reassuring me. Unfortunately, Ross did not see the true mermaid shadow following him.

Alnorite talked to Ross. "Before you do anything rash, let me give you more information about her. Her power is equal to Poseidon's. She rules the Atlantic Ocean, and she occasionally migrates to England. Her magic is capable of destroying a country with water. The Un Cult, an ancient Satanic religion founded in Malta, has been worshipping here since the 1200s. It's a female-dominated cult, where the men are reared for their blood. Unira is considered as an advanced form of a siren, capable of shapeshifting, spellcasting, and necromancy. 

Fortunately, she has a fatal flaw. A tattoo of a mermaid in a U shape will show clearly on her body. Ross's heart stopped for a moment. The woman at the front door...that tattoo showed on her arm! She is also extremely vulnerable to holy and religious symbols and items. It's like a severe allergy for you humans. Aim the cross at her tattoo, and it will do the rest. She will die but will resurrect after seven days. Take care!'

In the slums of London, a barmaid served some customers. Her name was Dana, and she was the barmaid, who was a witness during the missing men's case. She served a little old woman and her granddaughter. "Grandma, why did those four men go missing? They were careless, foolish hooligans, weren't they?" Her eyes widened in fear. Those missing men still had friends roaming around the streets. She panicked as a man in a black sweater turned towards them. The elderly woman's hands trembled slightly. "Hush, child! Take that back!" The man turned back to his overflowing mug of beer. "You don't know who is near you." She whispered to the boy while harshly tugging his ear. 

Dana tapped the woman's shoulder. The old lady whipped back to face her. "I am sorry, dear. Can I please have two egg sandwiches, one black tea, and a glass of orange juice?" Dana skillfully and quickly jotted her order down. "Is that all?" "Oh, yes. I'm sure it won't take too long now, will it?" She nodded and left the table to attend to another person.

As she was walking to her other customer, a man bumped into her shoulder as he walked past her. He sent her flying into the table next to her. Her stomach collided with the rounded edge. She barely managed to catch the table and keep herself from falling. "Watch it! Can't you at least apologize!?" The man only sneered and went to take a seat at the empty table in the farthest corner of the room. She stood up properly, arranged her hair, and smoothed her dress before walking back to the kitchen. She wore a loose, armor-like corset under her uniform for things like this. She held her head up high; she would be more embarrassed if she appeared weak.

In the same bar, another girl was going round, serving orders. She was tall, skinny, and very timid despite her towering height. "Hey! I need a beer, and I need it quickly!" A heavily built man grabbed the end of her tattered grey dress and rubbed it all over his table. "There, all clean now." He burst into a loud, deep laugh as the poor girl blushed. Small tears rolled down her face. Why did her life have to be so bad? From birth, she was doomed to a life of poverty. She grew up with an ill mother who often worked as a prostitute, and she was abused by most men in her life. Out of desperation, she climbed into Carl Sparrow's bed and convinced him to get her a job at his club. He tricked her and sent her to the Ale Of Life, the second-worst club in London. The worst part is, he gave the other girl he was with the job at his club. She came to her and told her that he did it because she was ugly.

 The Ale Of Life had poor service, terrible customers, and a filthy environment. Her boss was about to let her go; they had found someone to take her place. Her employers and co-workers had the last straw with her. She was quite clumsy as well; she often broke dishes, spilled food on customers, and often forgot to clean the bar. This led to resentment by the staff and her boss. The customers would always try to be rude to her.

As she walked to another table, she slipped on a stray fork. She fell face down on the floor. The water in the glass she held fell near someone's feet. She looked up and saw a beautiful lady wearing a long red dress. From what she heard, his lady was notorious for her rudeness and snobbishness. She and her three ex-husbands abused people.

Looking down, the girl noticed the food stains on the lady's shoes. She quickly wiped off the food with her dress, bowing to the woman as soon as she finished. The woman stayed silent and continued reading her book. The girl started to stand, but the woman kicked her to the floor. "Lick my shoe, you dirty creature. These shoes are more expensive than you! Would you replace them if there was any damage done? Poor wretches like you belong on a dog." From instinct, the girl cowered in fear. The woman's aura was threatening. She stopped herself from nearly licking the shoes. She refused to be forced to do it. It was inhumane! How could she behave like an animal? 

She was someone that everyone could run over and order as they wished. The woman glared at her. "What are you waiting for?" Her boss hovered around her, urging her to lick the shoes. She got on her hands and knees and licked the woman's shoes. She literally licked them clean. It felt so scary, so surreal, and so shameful. Onlookers were now jeering at her, especially the men making crude and sexual jokes about her body position and how high her butt was in the air. 'I might get fired because of this lady!' Hot tears ran down her face as she pleadingly looked up to the woman. Tears flowed down her face. They joked about her flushed cheeks and how good she would be in bed. The woman ran a hand through her curly red hair and spat on the girl's head. "Next time, don't ruin my shoes." She stood up, head bowed as she rushed to the employee's room. Her boss moved to the woman with a tray of delicacies and wine. The other girls laughed at her as she ran in. She sat there for the next hour, crying her eyes out. At the end of her shift, she fled the bar. 

Nothing mattered anymore. She would end her life in her room.

She had no way out of the misery and torture she had to endure every day. Maybe if she was raised to be a strong woman, she would be living a better life. On her way home, a drunk man almost assaulted her. She ran into the cold, heavy rain. The thunder boomed in her ears, making the dark road even scarier.

She ran into a busy crowd. They insulted her, hit her, and ripped her clothes. They took her small bag with all she owned in it. They dragged her into an alley and beat her up. She was bloody and covered in cuts from head to toe. Heavy raindrops stung her wounds as blood flowed out like a steady river.

In a moment of desperation, she turned into an alley for shelter. Suddenly, a fist collided with her jaw. The blow dislocated her jaw bone and rendered her mute. More fists slammed into her body, bruising her. Her jaw was dangled from her mouth like a ball swinging from a thread. Her hands gingerly touched what used to be her jaw. It fell off her face.