|A Foolish Demon|

Chu's master watched as a black mass slowly rose from a large hole in the ground. The black creature climbed on the wooden floor and headed for Anna. As it moved, the top of its head opened to reveal a black stick figure. It slid out of its body like a man removing his coat. Although Anna was unconscious, her body shivered violently because of the creature's demonic aura. It groaned as its head opened to reveal a slimy purple tongue covered in spikes. It suddenly struck her head with a large force, cracking her skull with one strike. Anna's body shuddered violently before going limp. Some brain matter splashed around the room. The creature struck her head repeatedly, lapping at her flesh with each strike. 

Chu and his master watched as it moved to the other girls, lapping at them the same way it did to Anna. Within seconds, the floor was covered in blood and pieces of broken bones. It threw its head back and giggled softly. "Tasty...very tasty..." The demon's voice was faint yet menacing. It sounded like smashed plates mixed with a beast's howl. In the dimly lit room, its tiny red eye shone like a beam. Chu glanced at it with envy as it lapped up blood. Those girls smelled tantalizing. When the creature was satisfied, it turned its head to Chu's master.

"Napoleon...why do you summon me again?" Chu's master, Napoleon, watched as the creature's mouth opened wide. Its tongue dangled around his head, trying to intimidate him. Napoleon stood still. The last time he summoned this demon, it struck at his face twice to scare him. He dodged the first strike, but he wasn't as lucky with the second strike. "I see you've learned from our last encounter." Napoleon sneered and straightened his back. "Tyrant, I need you to do something for me. There's this man my demon keeps fighting, but he's been beating him up lately." 

The demon snarled, its mouth opening wide. "You mean that detective? Word got out that he's close to an Arch Angel." Napoleon was stunned for a moment. "Who told you about him?" The demon threw back its head and roared in laughter. "What do you expect from us? We love gossip, and news often gets out fast." Its tongue teasingly hovered over Napoleon's head. "How do you want me to deal with him? I've been itching to meet this man."

Before Napoleon spoke, Chu beat him to it. "Tear his bones form his limbs before ripping his head off his shoulders. I prefer that you'd bleed him out slowly, but I don't want it to be too messy for you." Napoleon pressed his lips together and frowned. He pondered for a moment before turning to the demon. "What Chu said sounds reasonable. I'll give you a day to resolve this. If you don't come back with his corpse, our deal's over." The demon snarled, it's mouth shaping into a grin. "Of course. I'll bring him around, and you'll add a child for me. I'll see you around." 

The demon stretched until its head touched the ceiling, then its body faded away from the bottom up. Faint purple smoke floated across the room. Chu watched as Napoleon spun in circles. "He hummed 'Mary had A Little Lamb' with an insane look in his eyes. "Do you know why I sent him to the detective?" Chu nodded his head, a wide grin spreading across his face. Napoleon skipped to the doorway while Chu followed him. They stopped at a balcony two rooms away from the sacrificed girls. "You are one of the smartest demons I've ever come across. When I made my first demon summoning ceremony, I was almost stuck with the likes of him." "I don't have time for your memories." Chu sneered.

 "Alright. I have a feeling that this Arch Angel might be one of our old enemies. I sent him to test the waters a bit, don't you agree?" "So, you sent him to his doom?" Chu's face lit up in excitement. "Not a bad plan." "Precisely! You did a great job of pinning down my tracking spell." "He's all tongue and no brain. It was too easy to seal it on his back. His arrogance was sickening." "When he fights the detective, we'll see the Arch Angel live in our minds. It's a genius plan for us. We don't get hurt, and we spy on the detective. I'm feeling generous today, so I'll send you on a small errand. There's a newspaper printer living in South London. His name is Farrow Hunter, and he works in the Faraday's Post branch in that area. Have fun with him." Chu nodded and disappeared. Napoleon leaned on the balcony, muttering prayers to himself. Behind him, a small ball of white light hovered over the roof above him.

Ross sat on a bench in Central Park. He'd recently borrowed Misa's diary, and he came to the park to investigate privately. Ross hoped that with Alnorite's aid, they'd find a new clue about Chu. He circled the park thrice before resting. As he wiped his brow, Alnorite whispered softly to him. 'It's not impossible, but I might not be able to detect Chu's traces after such a long time.' Ross looked around to see people leaving the park. The evening sun shone softly on the grass, giving it a soft golden glow. "We need to head back. I don't feel safe here suddenly..." 

As Ross stood up, he noticed a thin shadow materializing from the corner of his eye. The moon slowly crept up the sky, darkening the once bright park. Angry black clouds mysteriously appeared over Ross's head. ' A heavy wind blew past him, sending shivers down his spine. Danger in front of you!' It stretched eleven feet before twisting out its limbs from its body. Its long arms dangled from a slim body supported by equally long legs. Its head opened to reveal a long purple tongue and rows of sharp, bloody teeth. 

"Ah, it's the detective! Nice to meet you here!" Ross's cross immediately transformed into a scythe. Ross spun it once in the air and gripped it with both hands. The creature lugged its arms as it hobbled towards him. Its body cracked and convulsed with each step it took. Its tongue thrashed wildly in the air as its terrible voice echoed in Ross's ears. "Nice to meet you! I'm Tyra, a demon of Tyranny! I'm here for the Arch Angel! Where is he?"

 Ross sneered at it. "Don't play games with me, demon! Tell me why you're here!" The demon's arm lunged for Ross's neck. Ross sliced at it with the scythe, hoping to cut it off. Like an elastic band, Tyra's arm twisted and stretched to dodge Ross's attacks. Ross skillfully evaded Tyra's blows. Ross jumped on a tree and headed for Tyra's head.

As his scythe neared his tongue, it started glowing brightly.