|Three Young Sacrifices|

She screamed like a slaughtered cow. Her attackers gathered around her and chuckled. "Are you lost, baby girl?" They erupted into hearty laughter. She couldn't hear or see them because of the rain. One of them picked her up and punched her stomach. Her weak, dying body was no match for their strength. They shattered her ribcage and sliced open her stomach open with a knife. She barely managed to slap one of the men before they cut her again. For the finishing blow, they slit her throat and flung her body on the floor. Two men snatched her bag and house keys.

Even if they robbed her home, it didn't matter because it was worthless. As she looked up, she tried to stop crying. She did nothing to deserve this treatment. The harder she cried, the harder the rain fell. Her heart surged with hatred and sorrow. A black cloud slowly wafter out of her chest. She finally died when a bolt of lightning struck her body. The cloud transformed into a zombie-like version of her. Even in death, her jaw and intestines were missing. Two large chains shackled on her ankles floated around her body. Her left hand clutched a scythe dripping with blood. With a groan, she devoured her corpse. Her ghostly body disappeared, leaving her skull lying on the floor.

The museum darkened by the second. A subtle chill ran down Ross's back as he moved to the door. With each step he took, a groan followed him. It sounded malicious...and female. The smell of fish and the sea slowly crept into his nostrils. Hearing the figure move, he reached into his pocket and gripped his cross. If he dodged the figure a moment later, it would have slashed his heart out of his chest.

He turned back to meet A blue shadow few in front of him and struck his face. The next thing he heard was a high pitched screech. His hands were above his face, but before he was a glowing white force field. The figure revealed itself. It hovered the ground and glared at him with its bright yellow eyes.

It snarled and lunged at him again. His cross transformed into a whip and struck its stomach. Water dripped from the ceiling, and the lights dimmed down. Ross realized that it thrived in darkness. Dodging its attacks, he struck twice at its head. While it was dazed, Ross caught its neck with his whip. "Tell me your name." It smiled, revealing jagged rows of teeth that were sharp at the ends. He looked down on it in disgust. Its fishy breath wafted into his nose. "You..nEE..RAAA!" His eyes twinkled with excitement. "Nice to meet you, Unira." Ross

Unira sulked as she tried to wriggle her neck from the chain. It had been months since she found new prey. Like her past victims, she crept on him so she could attack him. As the whip tightened on her neck, she realized that part of her tail was paralyzed. Ross sprinkled salt on the floor while she wasn't looking. Ross questioned her further. After some tugs on her neck and some salt, she confessed to her crimes. She was responsible for some missing child cases and a supposed suicide case some years ago. A man in a black cloak found her and sealed her in the statue. Three days ago, a Chinese man came and removed the seal.

As soon as she finished talking, a bright light blinded her. A man dressed in white walked towards Ross and handed him a scroll. Unira shrunk back in fear. The human was smart to restrain her tail. This would be a perfect time to escape! The chain on her neck tightened until her face began to bulge. "Don't think of escaping, wench." Alnorite sneered at her. Ross flicked his wrist, and the chain wrapped around her body, trapping her further. A light flame slowly engulfed her body. Alnoritedrew his sword and pointed it at her tattoo.

 He slashed her forehead until strips of bone and flesh fell off her head. Blue smoke flowed out of the deep wounds. Her spirit essence, a substance similar to human blood, poured out of her head. "For your crimes against innocent children, I sentence you to death! Let us not find you in this city again." Alnorite yelled while slashing at her body multiple times. The chain moved swiftly as the blade came near, giving it space to puncture her body. Ross took out a toffee from his pocket and licked it gently. Tonight would be a very long night for all three of them.

Somewhere in London, Dana read her favorite mystery novels. While she worked at the Ale Of Life, she was secretly working on a mystery novel. Every Sunday, Dana would always go to buy a newspaper from the newspaper stand near her flat. These days, all she read was terrible news. Deaths, kidnappings, rape, and theft always appeared on the front pages. She would use those in her novel.

Closing her book, she thought about her friends. Her best friend, Anna, hadn't heard from her in days. She threw on her coat and walked outside. There was a dusty phone booth near her apartment. Inserting a coin into one of the slots, she dialed Anna's number. A dial tone rung in her ears for a while before it hung up. She tried again twice, but no one picked up the phone. Worry filled her heart. Anna was a busy person, but she was free every night. She shrugged off the feeling and hoped her friend was alright. 

This time, Dana tried a new phone number, her other friend, Priscilla. Sometimes Priscilla would come to visit her from a nearby nightclub she worked at. Like Anna's call, it hung up. Dana gave up and started walking back home. In her heart, she hoped she would see them again. Their phone lines were behaving strangely. Unfortunately, while she was lost in her thoughts, a shadow approached her from behind. Before she could realize she was being followed, its hand struck her neck. Her body slumped down and fell into its arms. It used its claw to etch a pentagram on her forehead, then it disappeared.

Chu's master paced around his room. He waited for Chu to bring the latest sacrifice. They were going to perform an invocation ritual, or powerful demonic summoning. For this particular demon, he needed the souls of three girls who were friends. Two of them sat opposite each other on a chalk-drawn triangle on the floor. Their waists were secured to poles that supported them while blood flowed down from their slit necks. Chu dragged Dana on the floor before tying her to the last post on the empty spot. His master slit her neck and let the blood flow on the floor. He made her swallow some numbing powder. 

The pain from the cut on her throat turned numb almost instantly. The powder would paralyze her body instantly while slowing down her blood flow so she wouldn't die too soon. While Chu tied her to the pole, Dana spotted her friends from the corner of her eyes. Her will to fight left her as soon as she saw their bloodstained bodies. With a sigh, she gave up and allowed her mind to slip into darkness. All the girls needed to be half-dead. If one of them was alive or dead, he would rick angering the demon and killing himself.

He stepped into the circle and whispered some words into his palms. Chu leaned on the wall, expecting a good show form this. Sometimes, he wished the demon would kill his master. Sometimes he couldn't understand this mad man. These girls were the thirtieth set of sacrifices. This man singlehandedly killed more than seventy women and children. What did he need all these sacrifices for? While Chu brooded about the girls being too many, blood started flowing out of the triangle. A soft yet angry voice echoed across the room.

"Who dares to summon me!"