𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐅𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐀 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧

The sins sat downstairs inside the boar hat in silence. It had been a day since Meliodas died, and everyone still wanted their questions answered by Elizabeth.

Jenna and Zaneri had to get back to Istar, much to Zaneri's disappointment. But Merlin had promised to inform them after Elizabeth explains herself.

"..."

Elizabeth sighed and looked up from her lap. She had been playing with her thumbs, as she was afraid to tell the others the truth.

Zeldris stood by the staircase while rubbing his left cheek slowly. King had tried to stab him when Zeldris tried to go outside this morning so he could eat breakfast alone.

King knew that Zeldris couldn't leave the boar hat, but he still didn't like the idea of him being outside alone. Even after when Merlin had expanded The barrier, giving Zeldris more room to walk outside.

In the end, Ban was having trouble trying to hold King back, but in the end, King only got to make a single punch.

"..."

"Well, I suppose I should explain myself," Elizabeth spoke softly.

"I...I spoke with someone..." Elizabeth began. Merlin raised a brow.

"And who would this 'someone' be?" Merlin spoke. Elizabeth looked up, noticing everyone had their eyes on her.

"The ruler of the demon race. The Demon King." Elizabeth confessed.

"..."

The tavern was silent.

"T-The Demon King?" King whispered.

"That's impossible," Zeldris said closing his eyes.

"Allow me to explain more. Then you'll understand." Elizabeth said.

"When I was taken away by that goddess earlier, he kept explaining to me that I was slowly dying, and didn't have much time left."

"After that, I guess I fell unconscious. And the next thing I knew, I was faced to the Demon King." Elizabeth explained.

She knew Ludociel had something to do with this, but why would he help the Demon king? Her only theory was that the Demon King made a deal with him.

Elizabeth waited for someone to speak up but only continued as she noticed everyone was expecting her to finish.

Flashback

Elizabeth currently faced the ruler of the demon race as he looked down at her small figure. He was more huge than what she had ever imagined. As to what she could see, the Demon King could've just killed her right there without a problem.

"Cursed Goddess Elizabeth, I've decided to offer you a deal." The King spoke. Elizabeth stayed quiet before speaking up quietly.

"A-And what sort of deal are you considering?" Elizabeth asked. The Demon sighed.

"I suppose by now, you've gained all your past memories from your previous life's." The Demon King began.

"So that must mean you know about the curse you and Meliodas have been suffering through for 3,000 years. Which is why I've offered a proposal."

"Consider it as...me feeling pity towards my son." He continued.

"Wait don't tell me you want to..." Elizabeth cut herself off.

"Swap you're curses? Why of course!" Elizabeth was shocked.

"I won't accept! I refuse to let Meliodas continue to suffer!" Elizabeth shouted.

"Silence! Meliodas was suffering for all those years watching you die over and over again! But he won't have to experience that anymore if he's the one being reincarnated over and over again." The Demon King explained. Elizabeth thought about it for a moment. It did make sense. While Elizabeth was living all those short lives as a human not knowing how someone she fell in love with was suffering, Meliodas had known the whole time. And in the end, he could never save her...

But then...what would this mean for Elizabeth?

"B-But then...wouldn't that mean I would have to go through what Meliodas went through?" Elizabeth stuttered. The Demon King laughed.

"Indeed. Now you'll finally know what my son has been going through all this time. And I suppose you can try to break the curse just like what Meliodas was trying to do. But you'll get nowhere." The Demon King laughed darkly.

"..."

"Besides, at the moment, Meliodas is in a coma. If you agree you'll be healed and regain your magic from when you were a goddess. As for Meliodas, he'll die shortly after the curse swap is completed."

"And soon...you'll meet him again. But this time, as a human boy." The demon King finished.

"..."

"I accept," Elizabeth spoke softly.

"Excellent..."

Flashback End

"..."

"And that's what happened." Elizabeth finished.

"S-So the coma Meliodas had been in was only the curse swap process?" King gasped. He already knew that was the case. No one answered his question anyway. They were too shocked to acknowledge that Meliodas was dead. Their Meliodas. He wouldn't be the same strong, mysterious person they had learned to love.

"We should let the king know about the captain's death. Then soon I suppose we can have a Burial of some sort." Gowther spoke up.

"I-I agree. The King would have to inform the town." Escanor agreed.

"Sir Gilthunder will be devastated..." Elizabeth spoke softly, not wanting to see the look on his face when he hears the news.

"I could say the same about Arthur." Merlin sighed.

"T-Then let's go..." Everyone looked down at Hawk who had been the one to spoke, they hadn't even noticed the mess he had made on the floor with his tears.

"Wait! But what about Zeldris? We can't just leave him here." Diane said. Zeldris wished she hasn't said that because now everyone had their attention on him.

"We'll have to tell the King about his presence soon," Diane added.

"He can't go past the barrier alone remember? Meliodas' cold body upstairs could keep him company." Ban grumbled. He sounded quite upset. He was probably the angriest person at the moment. His best friend was dead. And now, he wasn't coming back the same way...

Zeldris scoffed. Such a ridiculous statement while in a faze of anger could've made Zeldris laugh on the spot. But of course, he wanted the avoid the thought of King impaling him.

And so, the rest of the gang slowly made their way to the palace.

...