𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐀 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐕𝐨𝐢𝐝.

There was a black void.

The void was empty.

But not until Meliodas found himself in the void.

Meliodas had been in the void for a while now. He didn't know why. He didn't know what was going on, or who he even was.

Little did he know, was that he was slowly disappearing from existence.

Soon after, the void was empty...

...

2 Days Later

News had gotten around of Meliodas' passing. The King gave out an announcement to the entire kingdom, shocking many holy knights. Merlin had sent a message out to the druids out in Istar about what Elizabeth had told them. But she hadn't gotten a response.

Today was Meliodas' funeral. It was practically over at the moment. But a few people stayed to give their last goodbyes. Elizabeth watched as Gilthunder began to break down as soon as he saw Meliodas in a bed of white roses. Howzer stood beside him with his hand on Gillthunder's shoulder the whole time.

Once they left, Elizabeth made her way over to where Meliodas had been resting peacefully.

"..."

"Elizabeth, it's getting late. We should head back." Hawk said. Elizabeth stayed silent as she cried silently. To her, this was only the beginning of her suffering. She knew she would have to watch Meliodas die again and again in the future. Most times, she began to regret making that deal with the Demon King. But she felt like the Demon King would've done it even if Elizabeth refused.

"Do you think his new life has already begun?" Elizabeth said softly.

"..."

"Probably," Merlin whispered. Zeldris stood behind the others with an emotionless look on his face, as he stared at the silver label at the end of the bed Meliodas laid in.

"Meliodas..." Zeldris read softly. King glanced over at Zeldris after hearing him speak for the first time Since yesterday.

"You feel pity. Don't you?" King spoke.

"..."

"Don't go silent on me now. You spoke your heart out when you had been interrogating Elizabeth." King continued.

"So why stop now?"

"King that's enough..." Ban assured him.

"No! I won't accept this!" King shouted gaining everyone's attention.

"If he had never taken this monster in, this would've never happened. Meliodas would be alive and we would've been running the boar!" King added.

"Now look at us..." King whispered.

"..."

"All we can do now is wait," Elizabeth spoke, who was still looking down at Meliodas' still form.

"Eventually he'll be back. It's our destiny." Elizabeth said.

"..."

"We should head back to the boar hat now," Diane suggested. Everyone else nodded and made their way down the hall.

"Aren't you coming with us Elizabeth?" Gowther spoke causing everyone to turn around.

"No...Just give me a minute." Elizabeth mumbled. Elizabeth could hear the sound footsteps behind her begin to vanish. But not everyone had left.

Elizabeth looked to her left and noticed Zeldris standing beside her. He looked angry, but Elizabeth could sense an aura of sadness surrounding him.

"..."

"As much as I hate to admit, I wish I could go back and speak with him," Zeldris spoke.

"Just a normal conversation."

"If I could, I would've wished I had the chance to apologize. Or even say goodbye." Zeldris sighed.

"So you forgive him?" Elizabeth asked.

"..."

"No. It's just Like what the fairy said. I only feel pity at the moment."

"Maybe even more. But forgiveness? I can't find that in any of my hearts." Zeldris confessed.

"I see..." Elizabeth said.

"When the two of you meet again, that'll be your chance to speak with him," Elizabeth whispered. Zeldris Raised a brow.

"Me? There's no way I'm going to stay with you guys. Plus I don't think I'm no longer allowed." Zeldris mumbled.

"Well, I never was, to begin with." Zeldris sighed.

"Nonsense." Elizabeth smiled. She turned towards Zeldris, looking him in the eyes with her teary eyes.

"Estarossa has probably eliminated the rest of the commandments by now. If we let you go, he might have to take you out as well." Elizabeth explained.

"How did you-" Elizabeth cut Zeldris off.

"Your brother made it clear he no longer wanted you around. And you won't be welcomed anywhere else because...you know..." Elizabeth said softly.

"I'm a demon," Zeldris said plainly.

"I get your point there. Just make sure I won't get hurt anymore." Zeldris mumbled tapping the bandage on his cheek. Elizabeth glanced at the other injuries on Zeldris' arms and his waist. King let his anger out in him yesterday. Literally out of nowhere.

"Very well. But let's head back." Elizabeth said. Zeldris nodded.

...

"This child your adopting...he's only a newborn. His parents were nowhere to be found." The nurse spoke handing the sleeping baby to the person in front of her.

"That won't be a problem. But tell me, was this baby already given a name?" The stranger asked.

"Oh yes. There was a name written on a piece of paper with him when we took him in." The nurse said.

"Here it is." The nurse smiled handing the person the small piece of paper.

"Meliodas..."

"How wonderful." The stranger smiled.

...

Authors note: If you haven't read my one-shot called "Void" you might want to go read that. It's connected to this and is also the continuation of that Oneshot. So you should check it out!