"𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐌𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮"

"Momma! I'm sorry!" Meliodas apologized. Meliodas had been apologizing to Zaneri and Jenna for about 5 minutes as Jenna had continued to scold him.

"Not only did you run away, but you went to the Seven Deadly Sins when I directly told you not to!" Jenna shouted.

"I-I hadn't realized it until later on," Meliodas explained.

"You deliberately disobeyed me. Why did you even leave in the first place?" Zaneri asked softly.

"I couldn't perfect that spell you gave me." Meliodas sighed.

"Ow!" Meliodas winced when Jenna's staff had made contact with his head.

"Nonsense! What sort of excuse if that?" Jenna argued.

"It's my Druid magic! It's not as great as any of yours, and I'm unable to perfect it." Meliodas explained.

"I think there's something wrong with me..." Meliodas sighed,

"No, no. That's not it..." Zaneri assured the younger Meliodas. She knew it would've been harder for Meliodas to master the power of the druids since he still had his demonic power within him.

"I'll try to help you later with it," Zaneri said softly. When it came to Meliodas, she had always been gentle with him. And now that he was like a son to her, she didn't want him leaving her any time soon.

"..."

"What's going on?" Hawk spoke.

"Hawk!" Meliodas exclaimed.

"Mother! Are you friends with the Seven Deadly Sins?" Meliodas asked.

"Sort of," Zaneri replied.

"Well then, you should get going now." Zaneri smiled. She didn't want them here any longer. They would just give Meliodas a higher chance of regaining his memories, and then dying over and over again. Zaneri wished she could make herself immortal just to be with Meliodas every time he died only to be there for him...

"But why? Didn't they just get here?" Meliodas questioned.

"They only came to say hello. But you aren't allowed to have visitors! And you're still in trouble!" Jenna shouted.

"What! That isn't fair! I don't have any friends though! The Seven Deadly Sins are like the only other people I've ever talked to!" Meliodas explained.

"What?! You have those little fishes in the pond! You have Theo, Zaneri, and Myself too!" Jenna argued.

"Silence! Back to the cave..." Zaneri suddenly snapped.

"Continue trying to perfect your Druid magic. I'll be over in a minute to help." Zaneri added.

"Yes, mother." Meliodas sighed before making his way back into the dark cave.

Once Meliodas was gone, Zaneri turned back to the rest of the sins who had just heard the entire thing.

"..."

"I won't ask again...you have to leave," Zaneri spoke.

"Why can't we just take Meliodas with us!?" Diane shouted.

"Because!" Zaneri suddenly shouted quite loudly. She sighed before calming herself down.

"Because, if he stays with you, that gives him a higher risk of regaining his memories," Zaneri explained.

"All of you, the Tavern, the things you might do around him, even his own brother!" Zaneri whisper-shouted.

"Meliodas could recognize each and every one of you. If you don't want him to die, it's best to just keep him here." Zaneri finished.

"Well, You can't just keep him trapped in here! He isn't even making any friends!" King shouted.

"If I let him out there he'll eventually meet Elizabeth again, and gain his memories again," Zaneri spoke.

"He would've regained his memories regardless..." Gowther spoke.

"Not if he ever meets Elizabeth..." Jenna spoke.

"But now it's too late...he's already met all of you, and now he'll want to keep leaving just to see you all," Zaneri whispered.

"..."

"You should get back to him now. It's been more than a minute." Jenna reminded. Zaneri nodded before making her way into the cave, leaving Jenna with the others.

Once inside the cave, Zaneri came across Meliodas who had been sitting down in the cave silently. He looked deep in thought. Probably trying to control his magic before using it.

"..."

"Meliodas..." Zaneri spoke. Meliodas looked up with his big green eyes focusing on Zaneri's Cyan-colored eyes. Zaneri sat down beside Meliodas and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I know I'm not your real mother. And I know you understand that too." Zaneri began.

"Woah there. As much as I hate to admit it, I know what your saying is true. But to me, you'll always be my mother." Meliodas spoke softly. Zaneri smiled before sighing.

"Thank you for that..."

"To me, I see you as my son. A mother's job Is to protect her child." Zaneri explained. Meliodas nodded in understanding.

"Now that you know, you need to understand that I want to protect you. If you leave, you'll find yourself completely lost in that horrible world. Which is why you have to stay here. Where you're safe." Zaneri continued.

"But...when I was with the sins, we had such a great time at the festival," Meliodas admitted.

"That just...an act. You never know, days from now that Kingdom could go under attack." Zaneri added.

"I see. But wouldn't I have to leave this place regardless one day? What if you or Aunt Jenna die? Or even Uncle Theo! If all of you are gone, would I have to stay here all alone?" Meliodas spoke sadly.

"You don't have to worry about that at the moment.

"But at the moment...just stay here," Zaneri whispered pulling Meliodas into a hug, which he gladly hugged back.

"Let me protect you. And I promise you'll stay safe..." Zaneri promised.

...

Authors note: Yeah! Three chapters in one day! I'm so proud.