𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

16 years had gone by since Meliodas had passed. Elizabeth still ran the boar hat with the rest of the sins, as well as Zeldris tagging along eventually. Zeldris had stayed with the rest of the sins since he had nowhere else to go. Afterword got around that the rest of the commandments had been eliminated, Zeldris was sure Estarossa didn't want him back at all.

Since then, Zeldris tried to get along with his older brother's comrades. He hated the thought of it at first, but after speaking with Elizabeth, the only person he ever spoke with, and after all the beatings he had earned from King during the time he stayed with them, he decided that it wouldn't hurt to try.

Elizabeth smiled when she saw everyone getting together. At first, King was hesitant, but he slowly opened up to him, and so did Zeldris after King began apologizing to him.

Elizabeth wished Meliodas was with them to witness what she had been seeing. She knew Meliodas would've loved the sight of his brother getting along with the friends he had made over the years of his pain and suffering. Elizabeth began to understand what he had been feeling. One day you're having a great time and you're happy all of sudden, then, That happiness suddenly shatters the next day.

The Demons weren't a threat anymore. They were still ruling over the kingdom of Camelot, but all the demons had retreated to Camelot, and Zeldris agreed to break his spell, allowing the people of Camelot to leave safely. But strangely soon after, they all just vanished. And Estarossa was nowhere to be found.

Merlin had been back in Camelot with Arthur for a while while they were repairing the broken kingdom after the demons left.

Ban felt lonely without his best friend with him. He still had Elaine of course, but she had gone back to the fairy king's forest. Plus, he missed getting drunk with Meliodas every other night.

There had been times when old customers would enter the tavern and would always question where the young short blond green-eyed tavern owner was. Elizabeth would just smile sadly and tell them he had gone to collect more ale.

Currently, Elizabeth and the others had sat silently at different tables waiting for customers to come by. Today was one of those slower days, and not many customers had come by for a drink.

"We should probably close the tavern early today," Diane suggested fanning herself with her hand.

"I agree. Plus, this summer weather has been really bad lately. That's probably why people haven't been around lately." King sighed.

"I don't think that's the case," Hawk said.

"Zeldris and I went into town and it looked like they were preparing for some kind of festival." Hawk explained. Ever since Zeldris had begun to gain everyone's trust, Merlin finally made her decision to remove his chains and the force field that perverted Zeldris from going anywhere further than at least 10 feet from the tavern. At first, he was still weak, and after all this time, there was still a fragment of his powers missing.

"A festival? What for?" Gowther chimed in. Zeldris shrugged his shoulders.

"We should probably go when the festival starts! It may be fun." Elizabeth smiled softly. Everyone else smiled seeing Elizabeth smiled like that.

"..."

"Hey Uhm, Elizabeth?" Zeldris suddenly spoke. Everyone turned their attention towards him, causing him to blush slightly. Over the years they realized how Shy Zeldris became now that he wasn't ruling over anyone. He was just like them.

"Sorry for bringing up a sensitive topic but, it's been 16 years and..."

"When do you think we'll ever get to encounter Meliodas again?" Zeldris mumbled. Zeldris instantly regretted speaking after seeing Elizabeth's smile fade.

"I'm not sure," Elizabeth whispered. It had been 16 years and none of them had seen or encountered anyone that had resembled Meliodas when they went on journeys or had entered the bar.

They began to think they would never encounter Meliodas again. Even if it was bound to happen due to the curse.

Suddenly, the door was opened. Everyone turned their heads in the direction of the door and saw a young boy slowly opening the door.

"Hello? Anyone home?"

...