"𝐈'𝐦 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲...𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫."

A/N: Hello! This is the sad ending of the book. The beginning will be the same as the happy ending, but of course, it won't end the same way.

...

"Alright, everyone. Repeat after me." Elizabeth said.

Elizabeth looked down at the book before taking a deep breath.

"..."

"Hear these words, hear the rhythm, heed the hope within my mind."

"Send me back, to where I'll find, what I wish in place and time."

Elizabeth looked up waiting for the others to repeat after her.

"Hear these words, hear the rhythm, heed the hope within my mind." They all spoke.

"Send my back, to where I'll find, what I wish in place and time."

"..."

Elizabeth shut her eyes, hoping to awake and find herself in the past.

However, when she opened her eyes...she was still sitting in the same spot.

"W-Why didn't it work?" Elizabeth began panicking.

"I-I don't understand! This doesn't make any sense!" Elizabeth began reading over the page again. It said the person wearing the earring would be taken back in time. Was the earring cracked?

Gowther began reading over the exact page Elizabeth was on before looking up at the others.

"The spell doesn't work anymore," Gowther explained while frowning. Elizabeth quickly looked up at the doll.

"What do you mean? There have been people in the past who-" Gowther cut Elizabeth off.

"Yes, people from the past. As in perhaps 3,000 years ago. Probably during the holy war." Gowther spoke. Elizabeth was confused.

"Look. It explains that this spell was used back during the holy war. It had been some sort of thing connected with the goddess. But they don't exist anymore." Gowther spoke sadly pointing at the paragraph in the book.

"So without them, the spell won't work. And that means...we can't fix this..." Ban said looking down.

"I'm afraid so," Gowther responded. Merlin sighed.

"How did I not see that..." Elizabeth spoke. Her voice sounded shaky. As if she was about to cry.

Zeldris looked down at his lap. He felt strange. He felt a sudden wave of emotion Come over him. He hadn't felt something like this since Meliodas left him alone. Or maybe even since...

Zeldris shook that memory out of his head. He looked over at Meliodas and noticed he looked exhausted. But he also looked like he was going to...

"Meliodas!" Zeldris caught Meliodas in his arms as he watched him collapse onto the floor.

"What happened? What the hell is going on?!" King panicked. Everyone began surrounding Meliodas who was now on the floor on the verge of passing out.

"It's happening...the final stage of the curse is happening," Merlin spoke. Elizabeth stood behind the others in shock. The same words had been running around in her mind.

Meliodas was going to die.

Elizabeth wondered if this was how Meliodas felt sometimes as he watched Elizabeth die in front of him repeatedly. If there was one thing Elizabeth knew at that moment, it would be that she ever regretted making that deal with the demon king. Or even pressure Meliodas to tell her the truth about her past lives.