𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐭

"Time...travel?" King uttered.

"Yes. I know it sounds impossible, but I've stuff about it over the years." Elizabeth explained. Merlin thought about it for a moment.

"Alright then. But let's say we decided to go back in time. If we did, what would we even do? Or how would it even work?" Merlin spoke. Elizabeth stayed silent.

"Well..."

"One of us can go back in time. After all, one should be enough." Elizabeth explained.

"We can go back to our pasts selfs and tell them exactly what to do," Elizabeth added. Merlin nodded.

"But then...what would happen to us?" Hawk asked.

"If one of us from the past actually decides to listen to us and change the past, then everything from the future will change," Elizabeth explained.

"So if I went back to tell my old self to not make a deal with the demon king, and to not pressure Meliodas about my past lives, everything would be different!"

"..."

"Very well. But one last question." Merlin said. Elizabeth rose a brow.

"What day in the past will you be returning to?"

"..."

"The night..." Elizabeth began.

"We took in a Ten Commandment."

...

Meliodas sat up in bed quickly as he struggled and began gasping for air. He looked around the slightly dark bedroom when he noticed he was safe. He was fine. Safe and sound in bed. He looked towards the window, now shining its beautiful moonlight into the bedroom.

Meliodas had just woken up from a horrific nightmare. Meliodas tried to recall what he had just seen. But he couldn't remember. All he remembered was lying in bed silently while speaking with Zeldris from time to time as he continued watching him for some reason. The next thing he knew, he had awoken from his horrid dream.

Meliodas looked to the side only to find Zeldris sleeping quietly farther away from him. Meliodas knew the bed was huge, but would Zeldris really consider sleeping all the way towards the edge leaving a huge gap between them?

Perhaps Zeldris was the type of person to shift around when sleeping, causing him to drift away from Meliodas. But Meliodas knew that wasn't the case.

Meliodas felt a sudden pain rushing through his head. He couldn't bear the pain. He held his head in his hands trying to block out the pain. And the terrifying screaming in his head. All the bad thoughts and visions. He couldn't take it!

He began wondering if these were memories. But that didn't sound right. He should've gotten all of them by now. Unless they were being given to him...

Meliodas continued groaning in pain as he then began gritting his teeth and gripped the pillow in front of him that Zeldris had thrown at him earlier.

He then felt a warm hand touch his face. He paused. He looked up with small teardrops falling from his eyes and was greeted by green ones. Green eyes that had a look of concern on them...

"..."

The room was silent.

Zeldris's eyes had glimmered under the moonlight as he watched Meliodas trembling in front of him. The light hadn't reached his eyes for some reason.