Part 9

Vivienne was the type to think the worst of someone but she wanted to give Neville the benefit of a doubt but there is no getting around the fact that he is avoiding her.  She expected some hesitance since she is wearing a green uniform but to fat out avoid her was a blow to her ego. 

She wanted to corner him and call him out on his unkind behaviour, but she will have to wait patiently for that time to come. 

Neville stood in the library reading a herbology book, he liked the class. He was hiding in the back he needed space from all the prying eyes of his peers, the very introverted Neville was used to being in the spotlight but if he had a choice he would be an ordinary boy like any other. He noticed a shadow cast over him he looked up to see Vivienne looking down at him her vivid green eyes stared down at me like a predator with that same malicious. He felt a chill go down his spine he wanted to hide but there is no way to go around this confrontation. 

"What are you reading," Vivienne said she said peering down at the book in Neville's hands. 

"Herbology," He replied, Vivienne had an unpleased expression on her face and her eyes softened she leaned up, she started crying. Neville was uncomfortable he never had to comfort someone and worse he has no idea why she is upset. "Vivienne are you ok," he said he had gotten up to her at this point she had her hands covering her face 'He fell for it,' she thought snidely. She made a sad face revelling her face her eyes were watery and tears spilling out  as she sniffled "I don't know but since week you were avoiding me why did I do anything to make you hate me,"

Neville felt guilty he didn't consider how she felt about all of this, it was unfair to judge her based on only the house she was sorted in. The boy sighed and apologized "Sorry Vivienne I didn't mean to upset you," She seemed to calm down and she asked "Do you want to be friends still," Neville had no backbone but this is a moment where he has no hope in. "Yes, I would," Her eyes widen and she smiled "Thank you, Neville," she shouts and hugged the boy making him stumble back. If possible the girl managed to emit a bright light Neville had to look away. He knows he is possibly red in the face.

But he remembers something 'Yes Hagrid invited me for tea,' as she slowly pulled away from him and he sprong the question. "Vivienne, me and Ron were going to Hagrid's hut for tea you wanted to come with us," Vivienne remembers Ron the red-haired boy that towered over her and said "Yes," They walked out of the Library together getting weird looks from few students as they looked for Ron down the hall he was talking to Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas. The trio jumped a little when he saw Vivienne with Neville walking over. 

"Weasley," Vivienne called put to the boy as they walked up. "We are going to Hagrid's are you coming with," Dean and Seamus had already left. 

"Sure," Ron said unsure of what to do. 

They left the castle and made their way across the grounds. Hagrid lives in a small wooden house on the edge of the forbidden forest. A crossbow and a pair of goloshes were outside the front door.

When  Neville knocked they heard a frantic scrabbling from inside and several booming barks. Then Hagrid's voice rang out, saying, "Back, Fang back. " 

Hagrid's big, hairy face appeared in the crack as he pulled the door open. Vivienne hid behind Neville she was scared of dogs and other types of canines.

They took a good look at the room to see it was the only room. Ham, pheasants and other assorted herbs were hanging from the roof, a copper kettle was boiling on the open fire and in the corner a bed with a large patchwork quilt laying over it.

"Make yerselves at home," said Hagrid, letting go of Fang, who bounded straight at Ron and started licking his ears. Like Hagrid, Fang was clearly not as fierce as he looked but his appearance had Vivienne clinging to Neville for protection.

"This is Ron and Vivienne," Neville said to Hagrid who was pouring water into the giant cup and putting rock cakes on the plate. 

"Another Weasley, eh?" said Hagrid, glancing at Ron's freckles. I spent half me life chasin' yer twin brothers away from the forest. "

The rock cakes were shapeless blobs with raisins that almost broke their teeth. 'Dear Merlin this is this flour or cement,' she thought. Fang rested his head on Neville's knee and drooled all over his robes.

Harry and Ron were delighted to hear Hagrid call Filch "that old git. "

"An' as fer that cat, Mrs Norris, I'd like ter introduce her to Fang sometime. D'yeh know, every time I go up ter the school, she follows me everywhere? Can't get rid of her, Filch puts her up to it. "

 Neville told Hagrid about Snape's lesson. Hagrid, like Ron, told him not to worry about it, that Snape liked hardly any of the students.

"But he seemed to really hate me. "

"Rubbish!" said Hagrid. "Why should he?"

Yet  Neville couldn't help thinking that Hagrid didn't quite meet his eyes when he said that.

"Take it from someone who grew up with Snape he has little likes and is very unlikeable, and he doesn't come around much anymore since I stick a slime in his favourite cauldron," Vivienne said.

"How's yer brother Charlie?" Hagrid asked Ron. "I liked him a lot -- great with animals. "

 Neville and Vivienne wondered if Hagrid had changed the subject on purpose. While Ron told Hagrid all about Charlie's work with dragons,  Neville picked up a piece of paper that was lying on the table under the tea cosy. It was a cutting from the Daily Prophet: GRINGOTTS BREAK-IN LATEST

Investigations continue into the break-in at Gringotts on 31 July, widely believed to be the work of Dark wizards or witches unknown.

Gringotts goblins today insisted that nothing had been taken. The vault that was searched had in fact been emptied the same day.

"But we're not telling you what was in there, so keep your noses out if you know what's good for you," said a Gringotts spokegoblin this afternoon.

"Hagrid!" said  Neville, "that Gringotts break-in happened on my birthday! It might've been happening while we were there!"

There was no doubt about it, Hagrid definitely didn't meet  Neville's eyes this time. He grunted and offered him another rock cake.  Neville read the story again. The vault that was searched had in fact been emptied earlier that same day. Hagrid had emptied vault seven hundred and thirteen if you could call it emptying, taking out that grubby little package. Had that been what the thieves were looking for?

As Neville and Ron walked back to the castle for dinner, their pockets weighed down with rock cakes they'd been too polite to refuse, and Vivienne said she wasn't allowed to eat many sweets and kindly refused. Neville thought that none of the lessons he'd had so far had given him as much to think about as tea with Hagrid. Had Hagrid collected that package just in time? Where was it now? And did Hagrid know something about Snape that he didn't want to tell Neville?

Vivienne was n her mind with similar questions she wondered if Hagrid stole it while with Neville. She would never say it out loud but she is aware of Hagrids troubled past but still, there isn't enough information for her draw conclusions. 

Vivienne was making her way to the DADA class she left a quill inside and forgot it she knocked on the door to hear faint noises she didnt want to easdrop on a conversation by someone as moronic as Quirrell. She banged on the door and a squeeky come in . She walked in he was alone 'so he talks to himself, weirdo,' she walked and said "Good afternnon Professor , I have left my quil behind," he nod out of his draws he pulled out a black quil"I-s th-this it?" he asked Vivienne walked over and said "Yes, thank you professor," she was about to leave when she felt ill her head feels light and her arm numb. She shake off and left as she leave hshe felt fine. Maybe something in the room is the trigger.