Part 17

With Dumbledore convinsing her to leave the mirror she returned to herself and back to her usual appearance.

"You see, Dumbledore was right, that mirror could drive you mad," said Ron, Neville seemed to be happy. They had almost given up hope of ever finding Flamel in a library book, even though Vivienne was still sure she'd read the name somewhere. Once term had started, they were back to skimming through books for ten minutes during their breaks.

Neville was eating a chocolate frog he stopped when he remembered something "Oh my good remember my chocolate frog "I've found Flamel! I told you I'd read the name somewhere before, I read it on the train coming here, listen to this: 'Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel'!"

  Hermione jumped to her feet. She hadn't looked so excited since they'd gotten back the marks for their very first piece of homework.

"Stay there!" she said, and she sprinted up the stairs to the girls' dormitories. Harry and Ron barely had time to exchange mystified looks before she was dashing back, an enormous old book in her arms.

"I never thought to look in here!" she whispered excitedly. "I got this out of the library weeks ago for a bit of light reading. "

Vivienne raised a brow at the word 'light' "Light ?" said Ron, but Hermione told him to be quiet until she'd looked something up, and started flicking frantically through the pages, muttering to herself.

At last, she found what she was looking for.

"I knew it! I knew it!"

"Are we allowed to speak yet?" said Ron grumpily. Hermione ignored him.

"Nicolas Flamel," she whispered dramatically, "is the only known maker of the Sorcerer's Stone!"

Vivienne said frantically "So, they stole the philosopher stone," 

There have been many reports of the Sorcerer's Stone over the centuries, but the only Stone currently in existence belongs to Mr Nicolas Flamel, the noted alchemist and opera lover. Mr Flamel, who celebrated his six hundred and sixty-fifth birthday last year, enjoys a quiet life in Devon with his wife, Perenelle (six hundred and fifty-eight).

"The dog must be guarding Flamel's Sorcerer's Stone! I bet he asked Dumbledore to keep it safe for him, because they're friends and he knew someone was after it, that's why he wanted the Stone moved out of Gringotts!"

 "A stone that makes gold and stops you from ever dying!" said  Neville. "No wonder Snape's after it! Anyone would want it. "

"And no wonder we couldn't find Flamel in that Study of Recent Developments in Wizardry," said Ron. "He's not exactly recent if he's six hundred and sixty-five, is he?"

 The next morning in Defense Against the Dark Arts, while copying down different ways of treating werewolf bites,  Neville and Ron were still discussing what they'd do with a Sorcerer's Stone if they had one. It wasn't until Ron said he'd buy his own Quidditch team. Vivienne glared at them and the class became more interesting,"

After class, Vivienne saw something, peculiar someone, she recognized the figure's prowling walk. Snape, sneaking into the forest while everyone was at dinner, what was going on? The Quidditch teams had already had finished training he usually goes back to his corner and brood like a mellow dramatic teen so why is he out here.

 He walked into the Forbidden Forest and seemed to be in a hurry Vivienne followed back making sure to be quiet as possible, but was a bit clumsy since she was losing him in the thick trees. Snape stopped seemed to meet his destination, she looked from behind a particularly big tree but still was ordinary enough to take little care in. 

She looked to see he was with someone it was Quirrel she couldn't make out the look on his face Snape was blocking it and she couldn't tell him to move. He was stuttering worse than ever as if it was trying to put on an act.

". . . d-don't know why you wanted t-t-to meet here of all p-places, Severus. . . " 

"Oh, I thought we'd keep this private," said Snape, his voice icy. "Students aren't supposed to know about the Sorcerer's Stone, after all. "

  Quirrell was mumbling something. Snape interrupted him. Vivienne felt a numb feeling in her wrist. 

"Have you found out how to get past that beast of Hagrid's yet?"

"B-b-but Severus, I--"

"You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell," said Snape, taking a step toward him.

Vivienne was struggling to hear the finer details she held in a cough she was trembling, her lack of hygiene caused her body to be weak and was just asking to get sick.

"You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell," said Snape, taking a step toward him.

"I-I don't know what you--"

"You know perfectly well what I mean. "

An owl hooted loudly, and Harry nearly fell out of the tree. He steadied himself in time to hear Snape say, " -- your little bit of hocus-pocus. I'm waiting. "

"B-but I d-d-don't--"

"Very well," Snape cut in. "We'll have another little chat soon when you've had time to think things over and decided where your loyalties lie. "

Vivienne swiftly made her way out of the forest with her and let out her cough she wondered what did he mean. The way Snape puts things you could assume he was working with someone or a group. Maybe he means Dumbledore but why would Snape imply the headmaster, and why was he on Quirrell case and all of a sudden her hand is fine.

960 words