Art Time!

A/N: Prompt given by busy.bii on Instagram (sour_rose61 on AO3). This is gonna be kinda AU so... yeah.

Prompt: 'Aslam art fic! pairing doesn't really matter but his so either comes in to help him and they art together or he's the muse and FLUFF JUST LOTS AND LOTS OF FLUFF'

Ajay was scheduled to return in 2 weeks. Just in time for his birthday coincidentally. And Aslam was worried as to what he should gift him because he hadn't prepared anything till now as nothing felt perfect enough to gift in any shop he tried. And then he had to go on and break his freaking leg when he had a perfect idea.

Which is how they all landed in the Classroom, Aslam in his wheelchair, sulking, while the rest of the gang played around. "Aslam? Kya hua? You seem pretty worried out there?" Karan asked as he approached him. Aslam tried to force a smile on his face, trying to wave away the concern but if anything, Karan was the mother hen and always seemed to know when something was wrong.

"Yeah, what happened? You look all down" DJ asked, catching on Karan's line of thought. "Kuch nahi yaar, just that Ajay ke birthday present lena bhool gaya because the gift shop gifts were not right and now that I have the perfect idea, my leg is out of order" Aslam said with a pout.

"Bas itni si baath! Tell you what? Tell us your idea and we will try to execute it for you" Sukhi suggested.

"Aaah no. Its not that easy. None of you know to do graffiti or painting here so no. No way in hell I am going to make you guys do Ajay's gift. You'll just mess it up" Aslam refused even though he knew that the boys will just wear him down until he is forced to say yes.

And as predicted, they boys and Sonia were soon standing in front of Aslam with spray cans and paint brushes in hand, ready to follow his directions on what to do.

"You sure you won't spoil this? Ajay ke liye hai ye sab. Gadbad ho jaayegi toh..." Aslam warned and they all gave him reassuring smiles, at least that's what he wants to believe it was, before demanding that he gives them the orders.

And needless to say, it ended up in a mess. Paint covered the floor, the walls, and each and every person, even the bird that flew past them and it took everything for Aslam to not facepalm himself lest he get some paint on his face.

"You guys are hopeless" he deadpanned as he took in the coloured mess of a wall that people today might even label as "modern art" even though it should be called a mess.

"Sorry yaar woh..." Karan started sheepishly but Aslam shook his head and gave his disappointed stare before trying to wheel himself out in order to clean himself up, only to remember the stairs that were present in the Classroom.

"Ghar le jaa. I'll try to come up with something else. What a waste" he grumbled in self-depreciation, cursing everyone for the untimely moment to break his leg.

"We are really sorry" Laxman tried to apologise but Aslam waved him off. "It was expected. I didn't know what I was thinking when I gave the go ahead really. I knew it would end up like this. Just... chhod yaar" 

After leaving Aslam home, the rest of the gang sat in the jeep, trying to think of some way to cheer him up after whatever they'd done today. "You think that is still salvageable?" Sukhi asked.

"Shaayad? Patha nahi. Aslam is the artist of the group. Par maa ke paas kuch idea zaroor hogi" Sonia suggested and they took the shot. And man, Mrs. Rathod had the perfect idea for them.

"You want us to paint sorry on top of the mess and make handprint paintings???" DJ asked, totally not getting the idea. "I mean, I can see the sense. Its childish and something even we can pull off and will definitely get some laughs out of Aslam and Ajay for sure" Karan pondered and the rest of them agreed.

And luckily for them, Aslam refused to go into the Classroom, trying to avoid the abomination that his friends called art, instead focusing on drawing something simple on the canvas he'd requested them to buy.

When Ajay returned, Karan immediately took him to the classroom, where the rest of the gang was waiting and asked him to add his own hand art on the wall before they presented it to Aslam, explaining what happened to him.

That night, when they picked Aslam up, he gave Ajay his canvas with his own hand art and Ajay just silently accepted it with a secret smile and took Aslam to the classroom, where the rest of the gang was waiting with a sorry card they drew on their own.

"I know that we messed up that day but... I hope you like what we made out of it" Sonia said as she pointed at that particular section and Aslam's jaw dropped before he started laughing hysterically.

"You guys would be better off at modern art than graffiti I swear! On second thoughts, no. Please don't. This is more than enough and amazing on its own. It doesn't need a sibling, like ever." Aslam amended but there was a collective look of mischief going around and he knew he was doomed. But he wouldn't have it any other way.

A/N: So... yeah. Thats that. Hope you all like it! All comments and criticisms accepted and appreciated!!!! Prompts are welcome!

Thank you all for reading!!!!!!!!!!!

Rasnak signing off :) ;)

UPDATED ON 13 MARCH 2020