Sukhi

A/N: This is somewhat of a canon take of the prompt. I will make an AU fic some other day, when I get the idea. Some facts are obviously made up though, obviously.
Prompt: Maybe Sukhi with someone. Preferably Karan Aslam or Laxman.

Sukhi was from your typical middle class family, a single child with a mom and dad. He had a very ordinary life, slightly spoiled by his parents, an average student, a person who still held onto his innocence through the years.

Well... until he decided that it will be fun to experiment his sexuality in the first year of college... His experiment had two results:
1) He got to know that he was bisexual
2) His mother caught him kissing the boy and well... he was kicked out of the house.

There was quite a struggle for him to find a place after that, trying to do some odd jobs here and there in order to sustain (He was grateful that he chose to live in a hostel or living arrangements...)

And then came the entry of the gang. He was the youngest of the lot and he clicked in with them, just like that. They accepted his childishness, his impulsiveness... well, it was a character trait that all of them had obviously, but his was more filled with innocence than the rest...

DJ grew up without a dad, Aslam had his family pressure, Karan... he had his own set of issues and Sonia... she was the most mature person of the group, but lesser mature than Ajay. If you ever put the scale for the level of maturity in the group, it will be like - Ajay, Sonia, maybe Karan and Aslam, DJ and then himself. But the gang leader was mostly DJ for sure, it was just... implied.

He never came out to his friends... his fear of rejection that sprung up from his parents clearly playing a big role here. They talked about girls, rated them in a playful manner but non of them actually appealed to Sukhi... not like how he looked at Aslam and Karan.

He wouldn't say that he had a crush on them... nor was it love... but it was always somewhere in between for sure. Something in the two of them attracted him towards them... was it their slight maturity or the way they held themselves... he would never know. But he was sure that he admired them in some way or the other...

And so he tried to stick by them the most. But his best friend would always be DJ for sure, no one can deny that fact. He was always teased about how he was always behind girls, even though none of them notice him.

Especially the time when Aslam commented about the 'Aazadi mera dulhan' scene... he just wanted to grab him by the collar and shout in his face that he wanted no girl and just wanted to kiss him senseless, but he held back and instead said something about not taking them to his baarat and left it at that.

But he wanted to enjoy whatever he had a much as he could. He knew that he often got a bit touchy feely around those two, and maybe say I love you to them, which was often brushed off as his eccentric behaviour, and he was happy that it stayed that way. He didn't want to lose whatever they had right now due to him confessing how he really felt...

He took every single opportunity he got, be it the 'Meri Zindagi bachai, I love you' or giving Aslam company while they dropped him off... but to keep his appearances up, he made DJ promise him that he wouldn't die a virgin (Though most of his promises ended up... unfulfilled)

And then everything happened quickly, the shooting, Ajay and Sonia's engagement, Ajay leaving again, Ajay's death, the accusations, the protest, the assassination, the tensions and emotions all over the place and the final confession at the radio station.

He had made a promise to himself, if they went to jail, he will come out to the gang and maybe, confess how he felt about Karan and Aslam... but that opportunity never came, as he was the first one killed in the end...

A/N: Oook, not exactly how I wanted it to go but... I hope that this partly satisfies the prompt dude! I promise that I will take a more non canon approach the next time... and maybe attempt a Sukhi/Laxman there too : )

Hope you all like it! All comments and criticisms accepted and appreciated! Prompts are always welcome!

Thank you all for reading!!!!!!!

Rasnak signing off :) ;)

UPDATED ON 18 JUNE 2020