Silent Love

A/N: Karan's unrequited love for Ajay. I am just making up facts soo... yeah.

He'd first met him when he'd been about 11 years old, the whole cliché of being saved by from bullies and all that and Ajay had taken him in, become friends with him, introduced him to his mother, had looked beyond that 'Son of a rich dad' look and made him open up himself.

And then he looked upto him like he was his brother, his hero, his role model... and slowly became his everything. Silent moments and heart to hearts between them, often helping each other through something... but Karan felt like something was missing always.

And he figured out that something when Ajay decided he would join the Airforce. He knew that Ajay had always dreamed of flying and also wanted to do something for the country... but it just hit him in the gut, knowing that Ajay was going to go away for who knows how long and the uncertainty... it was then he realised he was in love... a love that wouldn't probably be reciprocated, a love that might be forbidden.

And so he kept his feelings silent, not wanting to surface it and create something awkward between them... whatever was currently going on was more than enough thought Karan, but he became a bit withdrawn and brooding.

College came, and with its entry came DJ, Sukhi, Aslam and Sonia. A fresh start in a completely different way, a small group of friends who accepted him in open hands, immature and full of life, something he'd missed the chance to experience whole heartedly due to expectations and his dad... making him mature a lot more sooner than expected.

And then Ajay came back home. Karan was ecstatic and for once let down the whole cool demeanor and pranced around Ajay, wanting to make most of his time... but then he noticed the blooming chemistry between Sonia and Ajay... And his heart broke a little the day he realised that Ajay would truly never be his in the romantic sense... but looking at those two... it also made him happy, looking at those two growing closer and happier day by day.

So he pushed the two of them together, both literally and figuratively, bringing them closer, making them admit their feelings for the other... it was ok, he was going to go to the US after all...

Partying, enjoying, complaining, joking around, maybe going face to face with Laxman and the party members... that was all his life was full of, carefree and just trying to enjoy how much ever he can when he can.

Sue came, along with it came the movie 'Young Guns of India' they all agreed to shoot the film, made their amends with Laxman and they worked together, even though there were tensions around the place.

And finally, Ajay decided to propose to Sonia at his favourite place and Karan was more than happy to see two important people in his life get together, Ajay often sending looks as if he was looking for permission and conformation and his heart broke a little bit more even though he knew that he was whole heartedly happy for the couple.

Ajay then went back to his duty, this time gifting his jacket to him before the departure, none of them knowing that this was the last time they would ever see Ajay alive. And when the news came in... they all were devastated.

The funeral happened and Karan cried, his heart finally broken fully, knowing that he would never see that smile again, they would never be able to have those friendly banters... And he knew nothing would be the same anymore as he hugged Ajay's jacket close to him.

The protest, the assassinations... Karan regretted nothing. This was something he could do to bring justice to the unfair accusations against Ajay done by those corrupt people. He'd even confessed to his father that he was avenging his love he killed him. And he wore the jacket that day, knowing fully well that he was going to die that day and accepted it. He was going to see Ajay again. And that was all that mattered.

A/N: Wrote it in like... half an hour so... There might be a lot of errors. Would've written it more sooner but,.. life yaar, it always comes in the way. Hope you all like it! All comments and criticisms accepted and appreciated! Any prompts welcome!

Thank you all for reading!!!!!

Rasnak signing off :) ;)

UPDATED ON 17 JUNE 2020