Khoon Chala

A/N: Situation during the protest and its aftermath... I'll admit it, I might favour Laxman more than the others cuz it was his turning point so... yeah.

A protest. A simple, non violent protest. That's what it was. A non violent protest to ask justice for an Airforce Lieutenant, a son, a good friend, a fiancé, a brother and a great pilot. Justice for framing him to be an immature pilot. Justice for all the other pilots out there who might've and will lose their lives in the future due to the faulty parts the government buys.

The mood was somber, people mourning but determined. Resolved to ask questions, determined to get the answers. The crowd demanded for justice and they weren't ready to move till they got it.

The photo was set, candles were lit in respect of the late pilot and they sat with a certain fire in their eyes, ready to get through with this. In the front Ajay's mother along with Sonia, a fire in their eyes.

Aslam sat to their left, contemplating about something while Karan sat to their right looking a bit distant and lost in his thoughts. DJ just sat behind both of them in silent support, flanked by Sukhi and Sue. 

Laxman, had been silently supporting Karan until the media arrived, hungry with their questions. He then became the spokesperson of the group and the media was fed with fitting replies, both by him and the other protesters.

The police arrived, asking people to disperse because they were causing 'public nuisance' and 'disrupting the peace of the area' when in fact they were there due to the orders from the higher ups.

Some people moved away immediately after seeing the police, some moved when they announced for them to vacate and the rest, they had started to use force to move. People were beaten up and dragged out of the place without any care that people were getting hurt in the process.

Ajay's mother and the gang was glued to their places even though Aslam often sent concerned glances towards her, worried that something might happen to her in this whole mess. Sukhi tried to talk with the police about it, only to be forcefully dragged away along with a whole lot of others, who were struggling to escape their grips and beatings.

As the situation worsened, Ajay's mother hugged Sonia to her side, trying to protect her from the attacks with her own body, Aslam was thrown around and beaten both by the police and the political party members until he was almost unconscious.

Karan, who refused to get up was curled into a ball, receiving all the kicks and beatings before being forcefully dragged around, his back and shirt slowly tearing from the friction and his breathing, laboured from all the hits and his struggle to break free.

Sukhi, Sue, DJ and Laxman were probably the least hurt in this whole ordeal. Sukhi was often found slipping out of the polices' grip to get back to Ajay's mom and Sonia while DJ and Sue were trying their best to get the innocents out of the way before DJ headed back in in search of the rest of them.

Laxman though... he was frozen in shock as he watched the whole thing from the outside when he spotted his party leader out of the corner of his eye, who was just looking at the whole mess with an impassive face before moving out of the scene, as if satisfied with whatever was happening.

And that was one thing that shattered his belief in the party because here there were people, innocent people that the party had taken an oath to protect, being beaten and assaulted black and blue by the same people who took the oath... it was at this moment he realised the treacherous nature of politics... there was no right or wrong, there was no truth or justice... all that mattered was that position and the power. And people were being brainwashed to do their bidding in the name of good.

His anger grew at the unfairness of all this because here there was the public being beaten up by the very people who are supposed to be the 'public servants', the people who are in charge of the safety of the public, people who are to help the public. But if the very 'public servants' are against them and corrupt, who are they to turn towards?

He looked around again, his gaze catching the party members and police who were beating up Aslam and the last straw broke. Because here were people, who were beating the life out of a person he now considers a friend and possibly in love with after spending some proper time with him and bonding over the documentary... his blood boiled as he marched towards them, pushing people out of his way and taking the stick to beat up that officer back for hurting Aslam before helping him up to take him to safety.

He headed back in and was helping Karan up when he heard the pained cry of DJ and Sonia and he rushed to the spot supporting Karan, fearing the worst... and the worst did happen. For there sat Sonia with Ajay's mother cradled in her arms, blood pouring profusely from a head wound. DJ was trying to get Sonia let go of her so that they can take her to some nearby hospital if someone was willing to give them a lift.

"Sukhi, Sue, Laxman... Aslam ke saath jaao. And maybe drop him off at home. Hum sab maa ke saath jaayenge. Situation jaanne ke baad hum aayenge Aslam ko dekhne" DJ ordered and everyone nodded and headed their way. When they were near Aslam's house though, Laxman turned to leave the place, his mind made up.

"Kahaan jaa rahe ho?" Sukhi asked in confusion, Sue mirroring it. "Mujhe kuch kaam hai, poori karne ke baad waapas aaunga... either to the hospital Ajay's mother is admitted in or to his place." he explained and walked out, not turning back to see the worried and confused glances they might send his way.

Meanwhile, the other 3 rushed Ajay's mother to a hospital and admitted her and waited restlessly for the verdict from the doctors. And the 3 of them refused to leave the place without knowing the current state of her health, no matter how much blood was stuck to them, and Karan refused to clean up his wounds or let the doctors treat them, Ajay's mother's health and state was more important for them than all the wounds and blood that was on them.

At one point, Karan grew frustrated of the doctors asking him to get his wounds treated that he stormed off to smoke a cigarette, asking DJ to inform him once they knew more about her condition.

And it was at this time Laxman came to the hospital and sat by Karan, enquiring about the current status of Ajay's mother while he slightly traced a hand over the scraps on his back and Karan shrugged it off as he handed over his cigarette to him, informing him that they were still waiting for the diagnosis.

And speaking of the devil, DJ came in and called them, only to be informed that she was in a coma, which was a huge let down for all of them as they tried to hold themselves together to visit Aslam and check upon him. The doctors had been stubborn to treat Laxman for his injuries and so they had waited for a while before heading over to his place.

They did try to lighten the mood a bit in the beginning but it soon turned somber as the news of the coma hanged over their heads along with the disappointment and frustration and sadness that they couldn't achieve what they'd wanted and clear Ajay's name and bring justice without any violence. 

They slowly left the place one by one, wanting to let Aslam rest and now only Laxman and Aslam remained in the room, a heavy silence shrouding them. Laxman stuttered, trying to convey what he was feeling, only to stop short and try again until he gave up and uttered a single sorry, hoping that it would convey the emotions and regret he was feeling and they parted with hearts feeling lighter and all the misgivings forgiven

They met up after a few days, and in those few days they waited to recover from the whole ordeal, the young bloods which were dormant and mourning now boiled, boiled for revenge, boiled for justice. And if they had to take lives for it, so be it. And if they have to sacrifice themselves in the process, then so be it.

A/N: The main motivation to do this thing... I wanted to attempt the thoughts of everyone in the situation but... I guess I failed there... but I tried my best I think... Hope you all like it! All comments and criticisms accepted and appreciated! Prompts are welcome!

Thank you all for reading!!!!!!!!!

Rasnak signing off :) ;)

UPDATED ON 5 JULY 2020