Love is Blind

A/N: An alternate ending for RDB... that's all I can say. No spoilers!

It has been a year since Ajay's death. A year filled with sadness and anger, a year of demanding justice from the defence minister for accusing Ajay of being a novice pilot who took up his job just for the fun of it.

After that silent protest which had taken a turn for the worst, none of them was willing to take any drastic measures until Ajay's mother's condition improved, better yet, till she woke up from her coma. This was a collective measure taken by all of them, not because of the fact that they were afraid to take the step, this was more due to the fact that they didn't want her to lose more people than necessary seeing that she'd already lost her son, and if she woke up to the news that more of them were dead, she would be devastated.

So they waited for her to recover, did some more peace rallies, approached the media to bring out the deep, dark secrets that were hidden by the minister and surprisingly, Karan's dad was eager to help them collect more information as more and more secrets were dug out, saying that he was trying to change his ways.

4 months into Ajay's death, his mother woke up and by the 5th, she was set to be discharged from the hospital. Sue was committed to going back to the UK but promised them all to come back for the one year death anniversary of Ajay and it was a teary goodbye, especially between Sue and Sonia, who'd come out to them sometime before the whole accident happened.

And thus the year passed and as promised, Sue had come to visit them for the anniversary. They headed out to the cemetery and definitely not expecting the door to be wide open and a ragged man sitting inside the house when they returned back.

The boys, being the overprotective guys they were stealthily entered the house and tackled the man to the ground and the struggle started as the man tried to gain an upper hand and stand up straight. "Arey chhod na yaar! Ek aadmi se paanch? Is that even fair?" He called out in a raspy voice.

Karan had fetched a bat, silently going in for a knockout shot as he heard a gasp of surprise and a whisper of Ajay from one of them but it was too late and the bat hit the man's head and he was knocked out.

"Is that really...?" Ajay's mother asked in shock and the other guys turned him over and nodded... it was really Ajay with some extra scars and they had just knocked him out. "Shit," was all they could say as they stared at him in shock. 

"Arey, at least lay him down on the bed. He looks a lot tired" Sue said. Clearing their heads, the boys picked him up and placed him on his bed, removing the glasses he had on his face and placed it by the bedside. All they could do now was wait for him to wake up.

Night had fallen when Ajay came to it and everyone had fallen asleep except for Karan who was patiently sitting by his side and waiting for him to wake up. Ajay fumbled around a bit, trying to spot his glasses, knocking a tumbler in the process, startling Karan.

"Saale kaminey, ek aadmi apni ghar mein aaram se bhait nahi saktha hai kya?" Ajay muttered putting on the glasses as he rubbed his aching head. Whoever it had been, they'd hit him quite hard. He coughed, the scratchiness of his throat finally catching up and Karan cried out his name.

"Karan?" Ajay asked in confusion as a glass and a pill was pushed into his hand. He quickly took in the water gratefully and swallowed the pill before looking up expectantly and Karan didn't disappoint as the rambling started.

"Saale kutte, kaminey, nalayak haraamzaade! Ek saal ho chuki hai! Kabhi socha tha hume contact karne ki? Bathane ki tum zinda ho?! Hum sab soch rahe the ki tum mar chuke ho! Ek baar bhi yaad aayi kya humare baare mein? Maa ki baare mein? She couldn't even say your name without her voice cracking. And the rest of them? They all cried themselves to sleep aur mein... mein... did you even think about what we will be going through?..." he shouted, his voice slowly rising and breaking as the time passed, tears flowing freely and Ajay just traced his hand along his body and cupped his face and pulled him in for a kiss.