Actions Speak Louder

A/N: Another Karan/Laxman fic, this time taking it canon but... in a different approach ;) Really hoping I haven't messed it up cuz it was one I was really looking forward to write.

The relation Karan and Laxman had was not something you would call a "normal" one. Theirs was a more silent love, expressed through gestures and silence, their eyes speaking out louder than the words.

The first time time met each other, they bluntly ignored the other's presence and just carried on with whatever they were doing. Aka, just looking for some alone time, and maybe silent support from strangers.

The more they met at the place, the more they seemed to navigate towards each other, till they were comfortable enough to talk about each other's lives. They didn't dwell into them too much, more than happy to just enjoy the silent comfort and support the company gave.

And slowly it progressed to gestures, just small ones like a pat on the back and a hand on the shoulder, a silent show of support and strength to face things. It was also at this point when Laxman quietly admitted to Karan about his conflict with the party and it's motives, his fear of the party consuming him. And Karan had just squeezed his shoulder, as if to say that whatever happened, he'll be there for him.

And in turn he'd talked about his dad and why he feels suffocated around him. And that was the first time ever Laxman had taken the initiative to even touch him to show support. And this had surprised them both at how close they were becoming as days passed.

Then Laxman came into the gang's safe haven and started poking at Aslam. This was when the eye conversations started to happen. Laxman could read the slight anger and defensiveness in Karan's eyes while the other could read Laxman's apology and helplessness.

He'd once asked Laxman why he'd joined the party and he'd replied that he wanted to bring about change. But that one incident made him rethink and ask Laxman the same question again. "Maybe, one day I will become the head of the party and bring about the change..." was all he said but the hope and determination in his eyes just shone through, his commitment was amazing.

They'd often have small debates among themselves about politics and general matters, this often giving them a platform to vent out their frustrations and such things. But one in particular reared an ugly head and turned into a full blown argument, ending with a lot of apologies and their first hug. A moment where they felt safe against the rest of the world, in each other's arms.

By that time, they'd realised that these gestures and close contact.... this intimacy really helped them a lot but they couldn't go public about it cuz according to people, they were like arch enemies. And honesty, Karan was really getting fed up of this two faced game that Laxman was playing.

And Sue came in at the nick of the time along with her documentary. And Karan came up with his plan. The next time he went to meet him, the day when Aslam spotted Laxman staring at him from afar, he told him the plan. He did expect some disagreement but knew that they will be willing to get along, at least for Sue.

And Laxman still picked up a fight instead of making peace with them and probably deserved the bashing DJ had given him and he didn't regret sitting out of that, ignoring want was going on because it was about damn time they settle things between them.

But then, there was something called a heart, which made him go and apologise to Laxman later on in the evening, who just hugged him and whispered a single thank you, his eyes conveying the rest of whatever he couldn't speak out.

Then the shooting started. Along with them came the teasing touches that often made Karan blush like crazy and the suggestive winks that were sent his way... Karan was almost ready to kill him. But he loved him and just retaliated by swatting his arm away or pulling up his own set of shenanigans to get back at him.