13

I woke up pretty late the next morning, I suppose my body needed the extra rest. Sakura said she would come over to check on me. Basically just to make sure I don't do anything rash.

I had just changed when I hear her knock on my door. I let her in and she takes off her shoes. "What have you done today?" She asks.

"Just some training," I joke. She scowls and I grin. "Relax, I only woke up about a half hour ago. I've been taking it slow."

She sighs. "Good. Let me see your wound."

I lift up my shirt and peel back the bandage. It was still pretty gnarly, but what was I expecting?

"Well," she starts. "There's less inflammation, which is good. Did you take your pain meds yet?"

I shake my head. "I wanted to eat first, but I don't have any food since I've been gone for two weeks."

"Let's go shopping!" She suggests. I smile and we leave together.

At the village's market, I buy everything I need with Sakura (plus more, as one usually does at a grocery). We engage in conversation as we do so, especially discussing one topic that can and will probably never be avoided: Sasuke.

"I sure hope he's okay," Sakura says with a frown.

"He said that Orochimaru would train him, right? I'm sure Orochimaru is using him for something so he'll probably be taken care of."

"Well that's reassuring," Sakura says sarcastically.

I chuckle. "I suppose not. But he can take care of himself, he has been since he was a kid anyways."

"That's true, I guess."

"How has training to be a medical ninja been? Lady Tsunade said you helped with my surgery."

Sakura grins. "It's been amazing. I'm finally learning something that I completely understand. I feel like I can finally be useful."

I frown. "You were never not useful, you know."

She shrugs. "Yeah, but I never really made a difference on missions, but now I will."

I smile sadly. I feel bad, maybe I should've been nicer to her. "Well, I'm glad you're happy," I say as I hand the man at the store money for my purchase. We exchange "thanks" and I pick up the paper bag and hand it to Sakura. I pick up the last of the two.

"What are you going to do this week?" She asks.

I sigh. "I don't know. Probably bore myself to death. I feel like I always have to be doing something, you know?"

She nods. "I get it, though I'm pretty sure Lady Tsunade told you two weeks so you can take care of yourself."

"So I've heard," I mutter.

Sakura grins. "I'm glad you're listening."

"It's only been a day, I'm sure I'll defy her rule at some point."

She rolls her eyes as she holds my apartment door open. "Not with me around."

I chuckle, placing the paper bags on my counter. "You're going to be my babysitter for two weeks?"

She grins. "No, Shikamaru agreed to babysit too."

"Of course he did," I grumble, but I smile slightly, which did not go unnoticed.

She giggles. "Tell me about it!"

"Well, I don't know. What do I say?"

"Everything!" She squeals.