4

The following week, I heard Naruto had finally came back from his mission. I tracked him down to ask him a few things. Finally, I spot him walking with his hands in his pockets near the hospital.

"Naruto!" I shout, running up to him. "Did you find the woman who can heal Sasuke and the others?"

"Yeah! Kakashi Sensei and Sasuke were healed this morning."

"Thank you!" I exclaim, then run up the stairs of the hospital.

I open the door to Sasuke's room. He was sitting against the bed frame with Sakura at his feet.

"Oh. Hi, Rei," Sakura says.

"Hey, Sakura! How are you feeling, Sasuke?"

"Fine," he grumbles. I really wanted to glare at him, but I have to be nice—for his sake.

"I'm glad you're doing better," I say instead. I noticed he had a fresh bouquet of flowers on his bedside table, no doubt Sakura's doing.

"It's really nice of Sakura to bring you flowers," I say. Sakura grins, her cheeks showing a bit of her embarrassed blush.

"Yeah," Sasuke says shortly. I'm really trying to be nice but damn is it hard.

"Well, I was just stopping in to make sure you were doing okay. I'll be leaving now."

I sigh once I leave, rolling my eyes. But I can't give up yet. I mean, I'd probably be moody too if I was unconscious for a week. I'll be sure to talk to him later; I'll make him swear that he'll stay in the Leaf.

-

Later that night, Lady Tsunade was to be inaugurated. I had just finished training and was walking to the inauguration site when I was stopped by Tenten.

"Rei! Why are you walking alone?" Tenten asks. She was with her team, Neji and Lee. "Why don't you come join us?" She asks.

"Thanks," I say. "How are you feeling, Lee?" I ask. He was seriously injured during the Chunin exams, and it didn't even matter! It was cancelled.

He shrugs. "I am okay, but Lady Tsunade says she will fix me up soon!"

Tenten leans in and whispers, "There's a huge chance he might not make the surgery."

I gasp. "For real? And he's ready to do it anyways?"

She nods. "He wants to get back to training as soon as he can."

Lee heard us apparently, because he smiles kindly. "Don't worry, Rei. Guy Sensei has full faith I will make it."

"That's...good," I respond slowly.

"It's about to start!" Neji says, shushing us.

I watch as the village elders introduce Lady Tsunade. She swears to protect us and do the village well. After a lot more talking and swearing, the inauguration is over.

"You okay, Rei? You seem quiet," Tenten says.

"I'm fine. Just, tired," I respond.

"Someone needs a girls night. Let's go out to eat!" She exclaims. I laugh—she is so energetic—and follow her into town. After the Chunin exams, the Leaf Village teams all bonded. I'm really happy that happened, I've never had so many friends before.

"So, what's up?" She asks.

I take a deep breath. "I'm so stressed about making sure Sasuke doesn't go to Orochimaru like my brother did, I don't even have time for myself. I want to help him so bad, but he's such a jerk."