Castaways

At night, passengers see bright flashes of light in the distance and the sky is ablaze.

Then a terrible explosion. 3 points on the horizon marked 2 bursts of fire and 3 visible trails in the sky. Like shooting stars then crashed on the other horizon, on the land.

Heater: "Uncle???? What are those shooting stars?"

John: "Nothing good..."

Henri, an old retired surgeon was talking with the pilot.

"I've never seen a plane like this without a pilot. But the plane was the pilot. It's more than a drone."

Pilot Jack: "Yes, that's for sure. But the screens changed and the whole system was updated and the plane landed without any problems. Manually, I would have broken one of the landing gear or the plane would have broken down."

Henri: "And they didn't tell you anything else?"

Jack : "Yes, to stay the night in the cabin, the wild animals are dangerous and so are the natives. They are on a mission and they will come after us. They ask us to live with our rations as much as possible and to stay together.

There is the "captain", "Alpha and Beta", 2 artificial intelligence planes and "Sarge" the commander.

We would be 10,000 years in the future and not on earth as they said. Above all, we must not panic the children. Keep it as a professional secret. Sooner or later they will know, but we have to think about it.

They are our only contact with civilization.

Tomorrow we will go to explore the airport.

Some fires surrounded the plane and everyone was gathered under the wings, others installed on the seats, the most fearful.

The silence settled down very slowly with the hour advancing and the night falling quickly in Asia.

But their silence was replaced by the sounds of the jungle. And at night, the predators woke up.

From time to time, roars of unknown beasts, but what was most disturbing was a high-pitched whistle and the clapping of wings in the night, invisible. As if there was a big bat.

Jack screamed: Get back in the plane!.

The next moment, the passengers were all in the plane.

A few moments later, a black mass had landed, destroying the food supplies that were lying near the fire.

Obviously, the fire did not scare him but everyone was lying on the ground or in the back of their seats, not wanting to attract attention.

Probably the smell of kerosene prevented the creature from smelling human flesh in cans.

It was too dark but no one had any idea what this predator looked like.

Moments later, we heard a slip on the hull.

A large slit eye passed in front of the tail windows of the plane.

Then, a loud scream and then it was silence.

Nobody dared to move until the next morning.

After a round of inspection through the windows, Jack ventured to open the door and went down the stairs.

He descended at wolf's pace and looked up at the sky and the surroundings of the plane.

No apparent damage. Phew... maybe they could take off again.

But what scared him was the footprints on the ground.

Huge claws and 3 phalanges and 1 heel.

Just like dinosaurs!