The cave

Currently, I am at the entrance of a cave on the side of a cliff. When I look behind me, I see a sea of trees and bushes as far as the eye can see. The cliffs are high and form a Canyon. One slip and you slip and you're dead two to 300 meters down.

On the horizon, other cliffs forming small mountains burned by the sun and if you climb a little further, you could see the sea.

On the rock face, there are a few pine forests and brave pines that brighten the landscape.

Below, in the ravine, a small stream of fresh and clean water runs down the pebbles and small waterfalls forming this and the small lakes below.

The path from the cave below is very steep and makes it impossible to escape. The gravel would defeat anyone, causing an animal or any creature to die a certain death.

But the cave is not really empty. At first glance, I see bones lying around and that's not a good sign... really not a good sign.

Then, a light breeze rushed into the cave and came out with the signature of a predator, a large predator...

Fortunately, he didn't spot me, I was facing the wind.

You could hear his breathing. The beast was snoring, certainly after eating a hearty meal.

Without making a sound, I held my breath as I passed over the rock overlooking the great winged creature.

She had to do about 15 meters with her long neck and long tail!

Lying like that, the creature seemed defenseless and yet!

Sharp fangs, claws as big as swords and yellow scales making it blend in with the rocks. Its scales and horns give this creature a formidable appearance.

I was looking at the slightest passage, where the beast could leave and surprise me but the cave seemed to have a passage upwards. The only way through

Then all of a sudden the smell of tawny, the smells... What a filth!

I had to go through the beast if I wanted to get out without taking the plunge.

I calmed down and thought about it.

I was looking at every stone that could betray my presence and my smell had not alarmed him.

I was just above the creature and I could see each of its scales and thorns and its neck.

I used to wash myself every day and I even managed to recreate soap with my knowledge.

I still remember it as if it was yesterday.

It was a maintenance exercise.

My name was Sarge and I had miraculously reached retirement age.

I fought all the wars I could in my time and ended up as an instructor. And even when I retired, I still organized secret operations for the army. I was supervising the new ones in the department. It was often the exfiltration of agents and spies that were captured and locked up in high security prisons and I had to organize the exfiltration by blowing up everything and killing the guards while ensuring that our flag was not exposed to avoid diplomatic scandals.

But during an exercise in a nuclear silo captured by so-called terrorists, who were in fact only agents working for me, everything ended at the end of the line.

They wanted to test staff loyalty in ballistic missile silos and one of them panicked believing that the world had jumped.

The bastard pressed the launch button when he had a bullet between his eyes.

Fortunately, I closed the silo opening in time, trapping the missile in it, and destroying it on the ground at the same time.

We fled the corridors but the explosion blew up the armoured doors and we were all irradiated to unimaginable levels.

I remember being placed in a glass tube with liquid in it like egg white and scientists trying to "save" me and then, nothing... The only thing I remember is that my wife was crying and saying in the microphone: "Sarge, we love you... at least you saved humanity and you saved more lives than you took. We're doing everything we can to save you... But I felt that I was melting, that my tissues were dissolving, my neutronized cells. As the neutrons had perforated the walls of my cells like a sieve, I was reinjected with anything as a marrow to restart cell regeneration. I was put by accident or by unhealthy experimentation with unknown DNA.... Fucked up, I closed my eyes in a mass of anesthetic.

The treatment, had me credit for working... Too good, even, but I have been here for years now trying to survive in a terrifying jungle without having met any civilized human beings other than the barbarian savages I dare not approach. Fortunately, they are hundreds of kilometres from here and are only a handful. 

Since they are managed by cannibalism as an offering to imaginary Gods, each year they are fewer in number and their non-civilization will eventually die out. There's nothing to learn from them. Perhaps further north, more intelligent and less barbaric tribes, but this is where I live. There's game, fish and sunshine. And everything I need to be good.
But let's go back to the yellow beast sleeping in front of me.
Bird came and squealed and thin, the creature woke up.
His head rises quickly, and his cracked eyes eventually meet mine.
His head split horizontally, opening a jaw studded with sharp teeth.
She had spotted me.
The exit!Hurry! Hurry!
The creature immediately understood that I was watching the exit. And she tried to get up all of a sudden. And believing that I had a throw or a weapon to kill her, she turned her head around, not having time to get up and jumped on her.
She made a heart-rending scream as I entered her.
Pushed to the ground, her head crushed to the ground and wyvern wings held by my powerful arms, her neck between my 2 jaws and one of my claws threatening her abdomen, the other lifting her tail, I began to make love to her.
Wyverns like powerful and enterprising males. Those who are too shy or fearful end up in their stomachs.
But these wyverns are unintelligent beasts and I have no mercy or respect for them.
Let's just say I kept my human libido and with my 20 meters I don't have much choice. I hope one day to have a slightly less stupid offspring than a Jurassic bird.
After having rendered "Service" to Mrs. Wyverne, I struck her with love at first sight. I don't want to get a bite and have to sew myself up. Besides, with three fingers, it's not easy...
A few months ago, I was like these animals and it's like waking up from a nightmare, my memories and personality came back.
I set up a lair with lots of traps on my territory and discovered that I had certain powers. From a wyvern, I switched to dragon and into a kind of magician and technician.
So I spend the clear of my time hunting intruder males, picking up traps, preparing food and now "Serving" local wyverns.After all, if with a little bit of my genes they could have lead in their brains, we could start doing something useful.
A clan, for example.
The day not being over, I went around the caves of the wyverns who submitted to me and the other males were suspicious of me. I immediately feel terror in their eyes and they flee from me. Even reckless young people don't dare come near me. Except one that acts at least like a dog. At least he has the intelligence to follow me and copy me. Too bad he only has one sparrow's brain....
Several of my Wyverns have laid eggs and brood their litters.
As a sign of appeasement, to avoid any panic, because they fear me and could crush their eggs, I was taking a freshly captured prey out of a dimensional space that I recently discovered... magic?...maybe...There is no one here to tell me.
Seeing that no eggs have hatched, I finish my routine for today and go to the desert.
I had a discreet but intelligent work.
I would take huge stones and place them on the sand.
From the ground level or a mountain, we could see nothing but a pile of stones on the sand but from space, we should see, when it was over, the words S.O.S and HELP
And at the top, woodcutters to light the letters if I saw anything.
It was probably useless, but it comforted my mind.
Then I went back to my cave, which was a gigantic cave containing a huge underground lake and a hot spring, probably volcanic. It was nice and warm and I brought back some objects, relics from a laboratory and some tools that I was able to save from the jungle that had devoured the capsule that was supposed to contain me and maybe other species... Nothing was exploitable except a few stainless steel sheets that I used as a saucepan.
I saw my red reflection in the water and all my scales. My claws and claws tended towards yellow and obviously I had an affinity for fire. In my opinion I didn't melt but I merged with an atomic bomb and a dinosaur. God only knows and one thing is certain. The stars are not in the same place as on earth.