Chapter 9 - Threats and Scratches

Your POV:

Oops.

I quickly stretched my arms out in front of me and shook my hands in a No-no gesture.

"Nope!" I said quickly, still doing my No-no gesture. "You did not hear anything that came out of my mouth just now!"

Jack stood in front of me, dumbfounded, while June was still having a staring contest with the ground.

"But—" Jack began.

"Hush now!" I said hastily, slapping my hand over his mouth. No more words came out, but a few Mmphs leaked out.

I leaned over his shoulder, stopping right when my mouth was beside his ear.

"If you mention this to anyone— no, if you mention this ever again, there will be consequences. Understand?" I hissed.

He nodded rapidly. I removed my hand.

"Good," I said, nodding my head in approval, as some of my (y/h/c) locks of hair bobbed up and down as I nodded.

"Now," I started carefully, slowly backing up towards the door, Illy now resting on my shoulder, "I'm going back to find Quint and Dirk, and when you guys are done with your lovely little chat up here on the roof, you're going to come back to us. And when you do, neither of you are going to mention a single word of this conversation that we just had. Got it?"

Jack nodded, slightly terrified of my change of character. I don't blame him. I'd be wary, too, if a girl who was giggling and stealing cheese puffs four hours before was suddenly threatening me in a dark manner.

June, on the other hand, still did not say a word. She did lift her head up at one point, but after a quick glance at me, she lowered her head again and started fiddling with her fingers.

I didn't know what was up with her. It wasn't like she was the one who almost died. On purpose.

Ignoring those thoughts, I turned around and made my way over to the door.

Before I left, I looked back over my shoulder and saw Jack and June leaning over the balcony of the roof, already having a deep conversation.

Like I was never there.

I closed the door softly behind me. Illy squeaked questionably.

I sighed. "It's probably best if you don't know."

Then we started our march towards our other friends.
__________
*time skip*
__________

Illy and I stopped in front of a certain door.
I'm not quite sure what I was expecting to see on the other side.

But as I opened the door and stepped inside the room, I was definitely not expecting Quint face-painting a sleeping Dirk.

Quint jumped in fright as the door creaked open. When he saw me peeking my head in, though, he relaxed.

"Hello, Y/n!" he whispered, waving his paintbrush in a friendly manner.

"Hi," I said. Tiptoeing towards him, I stood on my tippy-toes to see what kind of face Dirk had now.

I snorted softly in amusement.

Dirk had become a unicorn.

Quint's face had a slight pink tint to it after I snorted. He started to ramble on to make an excuse. "Well, you see, after the change in the universe and the beginning of the apocalypse, different types of species began to roam the earth, and since there are creatures who fly, have habitats underwater, and are made out of natural resources, I thought that since even the most unbelievable and unpredictable creations exist, that perhaps the oldest myth in history of unicorns are true, for there has been actual evidence of stray horses with horns in forests and—"