Chapter 3 - I Beat the Hell Out of Zombies (EDITED)

June pushed the doors open with her spear, revealing a ginormous chair and desk barrier that we had created for extra protection during our first days here at the school.

Stalker Boy, Dirk, and the Stalker Boy's friend stopped running, gaping at our magnificent creation.

"It's a dead end!" shouted Stalker Boy's friend.

Alright, let's pause for a minute. I still don't know the names of Stalker Boy or his friend, so I'll need to come up with a placeholder name for the friend until they introduce themselves.

How about . . .

Jeff?

Yeah, Jeff. That's nice.

Back to the present, everyone.

June ignored Jeff's comment as she climbed over a bunch of desks. She jumped, swinging her spear so it hooked onto one of the chair legs.

"Hup!" she said, sliding under the last barrier of desks and landing gracefully on her feet.

"Come on, boys," she said impatiently, "move it or lose it!"

"Whoa!" gasped Stalker Boy, staring at June with his mouth wide open.

I grinned. I couldn't be outdone in front of an audience, now, could I?

I ran up a pile of desks like they were stairs, then jumped. I then grabbed a chair leg and started swinging from it to another, kinda like monkey bars. Finally, I jumped down the last set of desks, and landed on my feet right next to June. Not as flashy as hers, sure, but still pretty impressive, no?

Stalker Boy smirked. He climbed through some desks and was about to slide underneath the last of them, but the hockey stick attached to his back got caught on a desk leg. He tripped and face-planted onto the floor, the desk then tipping and falling right onto his head. Stalker Boy looked up at us and smiled sheepishly.

"I'm good," he groaned with a forced smile. "That desk was loose."

Yeah, well done, Captain Obvious.

June rolled her eyes so hard I honestly thought they were going to fall out. But they didn't. So.

Meanwhile, Dirk had gotten stuck between a few desks. Stalker Boy glanced over to where the former was struggling to escape.

"Okay, now I don't feel so bad," he said, smiling a little bit.

Jeff, on the other hand, was having a dilemma about where he should head next.

"Okay, should I go left? Or should I go right? Wait, yeah, yeah, so . . ."

June raised her eyebrow. "How are you guys even alive?" she questioned as Stalker Boy guided Jeff though the desk and chair wall. Together, they pulled Dirk out of the tight space, all three of them landing with a thud.

The door from which we had just come from re-opened, revealing the broken-up zombie ball coming into the room. One of them tried to reach for Stalker Boy, but he quickly pulled his hand away.

"It won't hold them back for long!" yelled June over the moans of the zombies. She hurried over to where the exit was. I motioned for the boys to come quickly, who ran as fast as their legs could carry them. Desks began to topple over. Knowing that my time was up, I jogged over to the door.

When everybody was gathered around the door, June raised her hand to stop us.

"Wait . . . wait . . ."

We heard some groaning on the other side.

"Now!" June shouted. She slammed open the door, smashing a zombie's face. Its head got stuck in the door's glass pane, and it moaned loudly. Seeing our chance, we rushed out of the door.