Chapter 1 - Cheddar Cheese is Great Teacher Bait (EDITED)

So, um, yeah.

That happened.

After that, surviving in this world was obviously gonna be hard.

June and I were still camping out in the school, scrounging our food from nearby vending machines and the cafeteria. Thank goodness that the previous lunch ladies didn't throw away any leftovers. Even better, the food wasn't rotten yet!

Yeah, I know. I've been living in this dump for so long that the only thing I wanted was non-rotten food. How low my standards have fallen.

June and I also claimed our own rooms. I decided to go for the principal's office. It's really big, and the only one with full seat cushionings, a pull-out couch, and a water cooler, though the water's almost all gone. It's got all that school stuff too, but not important.

Since June is a goody-two shoes, she's never been to principal's office, unlike a certain someone. And once I put up black curtains to cover the windows, it looked just like any other faculty room. So she'll never be able to find my room. Evil chuckle.

Also, could you, like, not tell June I called her a goody-two shoes? She may be one, but she is a very, very scary goody-two shoes. All right, thanks.

June and I also locked up all the entrances to the school, gathered up all the remaining zombies in the school, and stuffed them in the teachers' lounge. That took survival skills, wits, trickery, a net, some boards and nails, and a whole lot of cheddar cheese.

What can I say? Those zombie teachers really love their cheese. Even I'm surprised, and I love cheese. Sure, it makes my stomach scream in pain, and it costs me multiple trips to the bathroom, but still.

Cheese.

There were some leftovers, so after our mini-mission, June and I decided to pig out. We were in the middle of stuffing our faces when we heard a distant shriek.

"Think we should go investigate that peculiar noise?" I asked June in a British accent. Why? I don't know, it just felt fun.

". . . Nah."

"Alright, then."

My elbow injury from Apocalypse Day was now almost fully healed, too, so that was good.

Other than zombie-proofing our new hideout, I've been working out like crazy. I still remember those workout videos I used to watch at 3 A.M. when I was younger because I was insecure about my body, so I've been relying on my memory to get me through these. I like myself now, though, don't worry.

Of course, every day is pure torture, and I want to fling myself at a wall whenever I have to do Russian twists or side planks. But it'll all be worth it, especially when I get hot girl abs to add to my hot girl body.

June's been teaching me how to increase my fighting skills and stamina as well, since she was on the field hockey team before this all started.

All in all, we've got a pretty good thing going on.

As long as nobody bothers us, I think we might just make it through this crappy world.

꧁꧂