TWENTY FOUR

{pls ignore that i am reusing gifs, i'm lazy lol}

"He left me here. My brother actually left me here."

Violet screams, turning around in alert but relaxing when she see's that it's only Rebekah. "You know that there is such thing as a doorbell right?"

"Yes. But onto more important things. Where is my room?"

Violet rolls her eyes, "Go upstairs. It's the door on the left that doesn't have Elsie's name on it."

"Excellent. Is Elsie home?"

"Yes. She's getting ready for school. She's starting her freshman year today." Violet says proudly

"You're such a mom." Rebekah laughs, "Anyways I'm joining the school as well."

"I don't know why you would ever want to do that, but okay then."

"How do I look?"

Both Rebekah and Violet turn to face Elsie, the latter running up to the young girl and pulling her into a hug, "Oh my god El you look amazing. Wow Bekah you were right I do feel like a mom."

"Thank you." Elsie smiles nervously, "Okay can we leave now? I don't want to be late."

"Are you sure? School doesn't start for another hour."

Elsie nods, "Yes."

"Okay then. Bex you coming?"

"I need another hour before I'm ready." Rebekah replies, "If you want to wait you can."

"No, no. I don't want to wait." Elsie shakes her head, "I don't want to be late."

Violet laughs, "Okay Bex, Elsie and I are going to go. Come on."

Elsie nods and walks out with Violet.

"So are you nervous?" Violet asks

Elsie shrugs, "A little."

Violet nods, "That makes sense. I've told Caroline to watch out for you. But don't worry, I told her to leave you alone. It's not cool to have your sisters girlfriend come up to you at school- oh my god." The word slipped from her mouth without her even realising.

Elsie raised her eyebrows in excitement, "Girlfriend?!"

"Okay we're going now. Yep. Get in the car."

*

Violet knocks on the door of the Gilbert residence, praying that Jenna is home. Violet has to go and help with Stefan, and she doesn't want Elsie around a humanity-less vampire. Seeing as it's Elsie's first day and she didn't really know anyone from middle school, she didn't have any friends that she was comfortable staying with.

Thankfully, Jenna answers the door, "Violet, hey! I didn't know you were back."

"Here I am." Violet laughs nervously, "Ah I have a favour to ask. You can say no if you don't want to do it."