chapter 5

tsukauchi was fuming. this impulse was able to get into his station and steal important inventory without getting caught or leaving any evidence as to who they were. they had security cameras in the warehouse but they weren't aimed at the window he presumably climbed through, they're even any fingerprints or DNA left behind!

aizawa was fuming. the person he was just perusing escaped and he cant even remember where he saw him last! this was one of the first times in a while someone got away from him. he got away just like the smiling killer! that case still haunted his dreams almost every time he closes his eyes, he imagines the kid being burned alive just like his parents. its been 1 year and 7 months since it happened and hes struggled sleeping. (you can check, i made a timeline taking into account izukus birthday and everything, its currently august if your curios. izukus birthday is in july and hes currently 10.) aizawa had to tell tsukauchi about this vigalante before things get serious.

aizawa went into tsukauchi's office and slouched in his usual chair, he looked up and could see that something was also bothering the detective. he didnt seem to notice he walked in so he decided he would speak up.

"tsukauchi, there's a new vigalante in town, we need to get this guy before he becomes a problem."

"i think he already is." tsukauchi said blatantly as he slid his monitor for aizawa to see the note. "this was left in our warehouse after it was robbed last night. there were 2 missing bulletproof vests, two missing tazers as well as 14 re-fills missing and he took two batons, pleanty of pepper spray and 3 smoke bombs as wells as 3 flash bangs. its singed as impulse who i think is probably your vigalante."

"he took two of most things so maybe he has an accomplice. this is already giving me a headache. i need coffee"

"me too. i cant stand the rubbish in the break room. lets go to the coffee stall while we talk about the case."

"sure" he said in his usual gruff tone

they were talking about the vigalante case on the way there

"wait, so you found the vigalante covering up their wounds? why?"

"i dont know, but when they got up they were really small. im not sure if its related to their quirk or not. they were really quick and knew their way around the rooves. i might see him on patrol tonight."

"they might live there. we can search through the residents there and see if anyone fits the profile."

"yeah sure. the sooner this is over the better."

meanwhile izuku was working on a more permanent residence back at the beach. he was going to stay here for a while so he needs to make himself comfortable, he decided that the car probably wouldn't be the best place to stay as it was almost winter and it would get really cold. the generator being on top of a fridge also didn't lesson his chance of getting electrocuted so he had to make somewhere big enough for everything he needs.

he cleared more of the area looking for some kind of base for his new home and a few days later he found an abondoned school bus (plot convinience, im lazy) which he planned on expandanding but for now he just worked towards cleaning it out. it was filled with dirt and mould but it didnt phase him, he spent his entire day cleaning it. by the time he was done it looked relatively clean for a old washed up school bus although there were parts that were too rusted to be stable.

he put extra metal sheets on the parts of the floor that seemed weaker and he super glued some metal on the walls and ceiling until he learnt how to wield, he'd seen the trio do it before but he was going to research it just in case. he saw an old sofa and washed the cushions in the ocean, he put the cushions on the floor while he looked for a mattress that didnt have the springs that tried to kill him.

all the seats had been cleared out after 2 days and he was left with the open space. the seats were surprisingly heavy. he was planning on bringing the generator and some of the tables but neither would fit so he would have to cut an opening in the side later. he wasn't planning on doing it anytime soon as it would take another day to do that but the could still bring in the equipment so it doesn't get damaged in the rain.

he was able to fit the draws and wardrobe in as they were thin enough to fit through the doors, it was a struggle manoeuvring them in but izuku managed. he set up a designated area where the table was going to be and put the items that would go on the table in its place for now. izuku remembered that most vehicles dont really need petrol to start and checked all the wiring in it to make sure he could in fact charge the battery to turn the heating on, he would need petrol for that but he could try to get some later, for now he needed to see if the bus would even respond when he pressed a button.

the wiring was confusing at first but he got what went where and its job pretty quickly, he knew he would also need check the other components and make sure the diluted petrol is out of its system. he didnt need to make sure the steering or anything like that was working as he wasn't planning on going anywhere but he needed to make sure the heating did before the sun went down. it gets really dark and really cold very quickly at the beach, he learned the that hard way.

in its entirety it took a week for all that to have happened and he still wasn't done but he decided he'd been away from patrol for too long. that entire week he also took 1 hour breaks to work on his voice modulator which was now complete. he tried the bulletproof vest and realised it was too heavy for him, his speed was his advantage and it would slow him down. the baton and tazer were a good investment though, they were light and he was able to keep them in his cargo pants pockets and they were still easily accessible. he only brought one baton with him this time because he was planning on making a way to combine the two but he hasn't had time to. his voice modulator mask fitted perfectly, it was solid and protected his mouth and wrapped around his neck, he still only had his sunglasses but he was going to make some goggles later.

he quickly went to patrol the same area he did last time and it was pretty much like the last time, he stopped a few muggings, a pickpocket, plenty of gang fights, stopped a drug deal and stopped more attempted rapes than he felt comfortable with. he got home completely unscathed with only a few bruises and a bloody nose which disappointed him a bit

a pro hero could do this easily but they chose not to. this just shows how corrupt they really are, they only care about fame and money. I cant believe a 10 year old has to do their job for them.

Midoriya was mad, his old neighbourhood was like the one he patrolled, there were almost no heros patrolling the area and it was painful easy for people to get away with committing a crime. he understood that some people were desperate which is why they need more pro heroes there in the first place. they could help, they could help so much by just feeding them its literally that easy!

he had to distract himself but he found his school work too easy and completed the course in the span of a day. he decided to skip the ranks and choose the hardest course they had, he would have to email his old teacher about moving classes but he should be ok. looking at the material he needed to get through to even be considered to have a place in the class he felt finally found a challenge. he had to learn all new things but he never let that stop him, he felt he excelled in the practice course considering he didnt even know that some of those equations existed before. once he was happy with his work he submitted it and the screen said he would get an email in 1-5 working days, he felt a wave of excitement, he was finally going to learn lots more! he finished his work at 5pm so he had a 2-3 hours left to do something, izuku wanted at least an hour and half sleep. he started working on the blueprint for is goggles and the features they would have, he knew he wanted some sort of zooming lens so he started with that. he could add other things on later.

he finished the blueprint within an hour and he couldn't be bothered to start making it so he used the extra time to sleep. he needed to be well rested for his patrol because hes planning on staying up all night.