chapter 6

he woke up to the sound of his alarm on his computer, he was tired but he got up anyway

this was going to become a routine but at least patrol will never be dull, there was always some kind of evil lurking in the shadows. izuku found he was very sneaky and could easily hide due to his small height and his civilian identity was the perfect for information gathering. he was great at fighting but if he bet people up without a case against them then he'll become knows as more of a villain and that's not what he wanted. he would have to get proof as to the crimes they commit so he found that he was adding another feature to his goggles as well as going after the head of the snake instead of the druggies errand boys. the drug problem wasn't going away from him capturing the thugs he was now so he would follow every lead until he found the head and detained them with all the incriminating evidence he could find. this was his neighbourhood to patrol and he wasn't going to let drugs be dealt to his people anymore.

his night was mostly filled with stopping the usual petty crimes, but today he ended up stopping a home robbery.

it was a man with a quirk that allows him to change the current of electricity, it was very hard fighting him in the dark but he eventually cornered him. but a cornered animal is a dangerous one and he attacked izuku head on, he didnt have any weapons and the vigalante easily outmatched him but it didnt stop the robber from trying his luck and electrocuting him. the feeling sent a shiver down his spine and made him feel tingly but otherwise he was completely fine. the villain was invigorated at this and still continued to struggle when he was pinned down on the ground. eventually izuku got sick of it and knocked him out, his head was really going to hurt when he woke up but they would otherwise be ok.

as he was running across the buildings he was still getting the occasional electric shock from a piece if metal he happens to graze past but if anything it filled him with more energy. the excitement of it was amazing and the adrenalin didnt wear down for hours. the rest of the night was uneventful compared to that. he had a black eye and bruises all on his body but no one could see. he was running over the rooves and realised he didnt see eraserhead that day, he also realised he knew nothing about him except for his hero name and quirk. he was going to have to hack into any database the could possibly have info on him, the police department was an obvious first thought because as far as he could tell he had worked with them quite a few times and the security was rubbish so he presumed the online security would also be pretty bad. he had hacked into the government once when he was with kai but who knows how different the coding could be?

it wasn't that different, he was in the database within 10 minutes, it took him 14 consecutive hours to get into the government databases and the police security was almost non-existent compared to that. he hadn't hacked the government in a while so he decided he would do that after he got all the information he needed, it was 6 am by the time he was done. he was running on low energy and had about 5 coffees within the past hour, he was practically buzzing. he was looking through eraser heads, well shota aizawas profile when something literally made him spit his coffee out

"HES MARRIED TO PRESENT MIC?!"

he literally screamed that, luckily he was in the middle of a trash pile secluded from society so no one probably heard him.

it was a shock but as soon as he found out his respect went up for both of them instantly, they were really good at keeping secrets. how did he not notice this before? they partnered up all the time and shota hated working with other people, it makes sense he wouldn't mind working with his husband. izuku was sent into a muttering spree and somehow ended up on the subject of his goggles. he snapped out of it and realised that now was a perfect chance to start implementing all the features he wanted to add. he wanted night vision as well as heat sensors. izuku (hiro is his alias btw, I thought it would be ironic if his civilian name sounded like hero) finished the blueprint just in time as he had to get ready to go to investigate as a civilian.

his civilian clothes consisted of a t-shirt that said 't-shirt', he had to put on a red jacket to hide the bruises on his arms and some cargo pants that were a lighter colour than his vigalante ones which were black. the slightest colour change can make a difference, lighter colours showed more innocence and darker clothes made him look taller somehow. he has no idea how but he uses it to his advantage. he was also learning of ways to make his aura darker, he saw another vigalante do it one day and the villans literally froze. he went up to him to ask him how he did it but izuku accidentally scared him so he kicked him across the street, he was supposed to be angry but he was in awe of him. the next time izuku saw the vigalante he would have to ask him how he does it.

but for now he has to focus on gathering as much information as possible. all he has to do is commute to places and eavesdrop on any suspicious conversations, it was peaceful most of the time. it use to be always busy there but ever since the beach got trashed it became less busy, there was still business men who always held conferences here and the local community was still thriving so he wasnt worried.

when his civilian information gathering shift was over he still had gathered some information on a new villain organisation, he hasn't found the name out yet but apparently they're an upcoming threat. he heard a lot of chatter about petty criminals being enrolled which seemed pretty dumb to izuku, he presumed that they would mostly act as a distraction in whatever they were plotting. he now had free time and decided to start on the weilding on his house, he use to think weilding worked through heat but he realised that it was electricity that made the metals bond. he wielded the outside first so he could make sure it was warm before september. (currently still august) he also moved one of the glass panes so he could use it for his goggles, he replaced the glass with metal. it was a little darker in the bus now but he didnt mind, once he got the heater working everything should be fine.

he hadn't had sleep in over 24 hours but he was somehow still filled with energy.

his patrol was the usual, he got stabbed in the arm but he didnt even notice until he got home. the stab wasnt that deep and it was easily fixed. he had to make sure it was clean because he cant remember when he got it, the bandage was somewhat difficult to tie as he had to do it with his non-dominant hand. izuku got into a routine of this and mostly took out petty criminals until he realised that the drug problem wouldn't got away if he didnt kill the head of the snake. that's when he started getting serious and risked his life more, now he would come home with even less damage as most of his time was spent sneaking around and following people but some days he would come back barely alive. he didnt get caught often but when he did he liked to make a point of leaving evidence for the police so they are at least following a little bit, its embarrassing that a kid who wasnt even a teenager was able to get further than the police.