The Sokovian Accords

Words: 362Pairing: Steve Rogers x Stark!ReaderAuthor's Note/Summary: I can't seem to put Civil War out of my mind so I had to type out this quick one shot

Words: 362
Pairing: Steve Rogers x Stark!Reader
Author's Note/Summary: I can't seem to put Civil War out of my mind so I had to type out this quick one shot. Imagine your dating Steve, when the Sokovian Accords are announced. You don't know if he is right by not signing and you're not sure if you agree with your father, Tony Stark either. Just a quick, spoiler free Civil War imagine! :D (And yes Sokovian is spelled wrong in the title on purpose.)

It was late at night, most of the Avengers had retired to their rooms, but you couldn't sleep

It was late at night, most of the Avengers had retired to their rooms, but you couldn't sleep. The Secretary of Defense had left the compound hours ago and yet the videos he'd played for the team were still flashing through your mind's eye. Your thoughts turned to Sokovia. You had seen so much destruction in the name of justice. Wanda had even lost her brother. To make matters worst the Scarlet Witch still felt guilty for the most recent incident with Crossbone.

There was certainly enough evidence for the UN, and Tony, to convince the team to sign the Sokovian Accords. Still, there was this feeling you couldn't shake. Maybe there was some validity to Steve's side of things too. Civilians didn't understand the types of difficult choices that faced masks like the Avengers everyday. Was it really the right choice putting so much trust in a suit and tie who could barely comprehend the gravity of their power? There was clearly no correct answer you decided as you drained your coffee cup down to its bottom.

You really wished Dr. Banner was around. He might have been able to shine some light on the situation. Rubbing your eyes, you realized that it was nearly two in the morning. You was exhausted but this business about the accords was keeping you up. You got to your feet and started fiddling with Tony's space age coffee maker. There was the sound of footsteps and you were no longer alone in the kitchen.

"Are you ever coming to bed, Doll?" Steve's voice pierced through your mental fog.

"Maybe if we run out of coffee." You sighed. Jet black caffeinated beverage began dripping down into the coffee pot so you turned to face your beau. "Wouldn't be able to sleep even if I went to bed."

"I know what you mean." Steve slid into a seat at the breakfast bar. "This isn't going to end well. For any of us."

"What are you going to do?"

"You really need me to say it out loud? I can't sign those papers, [Y/N]. No matter how much your father believes its the right thing to do."