Hide & Seek

Words: 690

Words: 690

Pairing: Steve Rogers x Reader

Summary: Reader is an hour late for lunch with Steve. He can't shake the feeling something has happened to her. When he learns that she's been taken, the Captain springs into action.

 When he learns that she's been taken, the Captain springs into action

"Excuse me, Miss?" A man stepped out in front of you on the street.

"Hi." You greeted him politely and tried to walk past. The man side stepped so that he was still in your way. "Sorry, I'm in a bit of a hurry." You apologized.

"On your way to see Captain Rogers I imagine." The man commented. "I'm afraid you're going to miss that appointment, Miss." He said before indicating the gun hidden beneath his jacket.

"He'll come looking for me." You insisted.

"That's what we're counting on." The man grinned. "Into the car." He nodded to an all-black car that pulled up beside you. "It would be better for you to come quietly." You nodded letting them man know that you understood what he was saying. Someone got out of the car and held the door open for you. The last thing you remembered was climbing into the back of the car.

"Hey Gramps, you forget where you are? Need someone to walk you home?" Tony Stark teased Steven when he found the Captain standing in the lobby of the tower, frowning at his watch

"Ha-ha." Steve laughed sarcastically. "I'm waiting on [Y/N.]" She was supposed to meet me here for lunch. I suppose she could have gotten hung up with something, but she's almost an hour late. That's not like her."

"I'm sure she's fine, but if you're really worried, you can try calling her work." Tony shrugged.

"Maybe I will. I hate to bother her, but I feel like there's something else going on here." As Tony walked away, Steve dialed the number to your office.

No one had heard from you at work. When you didn't come back from lunch on time, your assistant had assumed that you'd gone to meet a client downtown. She started to panic when Steve explained you'd never arrived to lunch. He tried his best to assure her everything would be fine before ending the call. After all you'd gotten wrapped up in work before.

However, before he'd even hung up the phone, his heart was racing, and his palms were sweaty. He knew something had happened to you. Slightly more troubling than that, he knew that with every second that passed the chances of finding you become slimmer and slimmer. He wished he'd thought to hide a GPS tracker in your purse. He wished he'd noticed sooner that you were missing. He wished he knew where the hell you were.

"We'll fine her." Tony insisted.

"How can you be so sure?" Steve questioned, wishing he shared his friend's confidence. "We've tried tracking her phone, it's been turned off or destroyed. She's not showing up on any surveillance cameras we have in the city. We don't even know if she's in the city."

"Oh, we know." Tony disagreed. With a snap of his fingers a hologram map of the city popped up between the two of them. A small red blip was flashing on the edge of the city.

"How?" Steve asked, studying the map.

"Well, someone had to microchip your girlfriend just in case she got kidnapped." Tony shrugged. "And before you lecture me, it was consensual. I'm not just going around injecting trackers against the will of our loved ones. Now you want to lecture me about this or you want to go get her?"

"This conversation isn't over." Steve insisted. He ran from the room to get changed, while he did his phone rang. He answered even though he didn't recognize the number.

"Captain Rogers, we have something of yours." A disguised voice said on the other end.

"I've noticed." Steve commented. He tucked his cellphone into the crook of his neck and tugged on the pants to his uniform. "I suppose this is the part where you give me your list of demands?" He huffed.

"We want only one thing, you." The voice explained.

"Well, that's good, because you were getting me whether you wanted or not. Congratulations, whoever you are, you've officially got my attention. Now you're going to wish that you hadn't." Steve hung up on the kidnapper, finished dressing and grabbed his shield.