Immunocompromised

Words: 565

Words: 565

Pairing: Steve Rogers x Reader

Summary: The COVID-19 pandemic has stretch on longer than anyone had predicted. Reader is immunocompromised and so Super Soldier Steve has been encouraging her to stay inside. But Reader hasn't left their apartment for months and is desperate for a change of scenery. 

"Hey Doll?" There was a light knock on your home office door

"Hey Doll?" There was a light knock on your home office door. You didn't have to look to know it was your boyfriend Steve. "I'm about to head out to the market, do you want anything special this week?"

"I can't believe this is still going on." You sighed, putting your head in your hands. You were technically on your lunchbreak but too frustrated and tiered to move.

"Even Tony and Bruce didn't predict it lasting this long." Steve agreed. He stepped into the room, moving to stand by you. You leaned your head against whatever part of his body you made contact with. You guessed it was his abdomen but didn't bother to check.

"I just want to go outside." You complained. "See my friends again, see my clients again, see my parents again."

"I know, Doll." Steve said, stroking your hair.

"But you don't!" You disagreed with frustration. "You're free to come and go from the apartment, you get go out grocery shopping, I'm literally stuck here."

"You miss grocery shopping?" He laughed.

"I miss leaving the apartment." You clarified. "I wish we'd gone into lockdown at the compound. There's more people there...new people."

"Ouch." Steve remarked.

"You know what I mean." You told him. "Aren't you sick of me being the only person you see? Listening to me complain day in and day out?"

"I'll never be tired of you." He promised.

"Please let me come with you to the grocery store!" You begged him. You lifted your head so you could see his face.

"It's safer for you here." Steve reminded you. "[Y/N], I know what it's like having someone tell you that you're not well enough to do something..."

"But I'm not even sick like you used to be!" You argued.

"[Y/N], you know your Lupus makes you more susceptible to COVID-19." He said. "Your immune system is not better than mine was before the serum."

"Yeah, yeah." You rolled your eyes. You knew there was no way he was going to let you out shopping. "We can't all be super soldiers with super immunity. Wait a second!" You had a sudden idea. "Can I invite Bucky over?"

"We're not supposed to be around anyone who doesn't live with us." Steve told you. "And even though Bucky and I can't get sick, there's still a chance that we may be able to carry the virus."

"But Bruce said that it's very unlikely that either of you would be able to be carriers. There's just a slight chance, and Tony makes sure everyone on the team get tested once a week so the changes of me getting sick are really minimal."

"I suppose technically, that's true." Steve agreed begrudgingly. "and if inviting Bucky over stops you from trying to come to the grocery store with me..."

"You mean it, Steve?" You perked up excitedly. "I'm going to text him right now before you change your mind."

"Alright, but tell him to bring a mask. We'll both wear them too. Just being extra cautious. I'm gonna head to the store before it gets too busy." He swooped down and kissed you again. "I'll be back soon. Try not to have too much fun without me."

"Ha-Ha." You fake laughed. "I still hate it here."

"Well, I love you." He said before leaving the room.

"I love you too." You called after him.