-𝟏.

𝙄 𝙖𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙪𝙞𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙧𝙚𝙛𝙪𝙨𝙚𝙙
𝙄 𝙖𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙫𝙞𝙨𝙪𝙖𝙡, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣
𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙡𝙖𝙙𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙡𝙪𝙚𝙨

𝙄'𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙖 𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠
𝙎𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙚𝙛𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

𝙄 𝙖𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙗𝙤𝙭
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙪𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙪𝙣
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙧 𝙜𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬
𝙏𝙤 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙤𝙣
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙜𝙪𝙣
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚
𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙄'𝙢 '𝙖 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙞𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙧 𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙤𝙣. ✰

🤎

𝙷𝚞𝚎𝚢'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

I placed my head into the palm of my hand and looked out the window.

"Good morning class, today we have a new student." My history teacher spoke at the front of the class.

"A new student this far in the semester?" Jazmine asked herself.

"And she's bad too." Caesar said lowly.

Other students muttered to one another.

I rolled my eyes. I could care less, I was just waiting for class to start so I could start my usual critique on Mrs. Dover's class and question why we only talk about white history.

"I am Daisy Scott." I turned my head and looked in the direction of the voice. I noticed her large afro before anything.

She held her head high, somewhat confident.

"Thank you for introducing yourself Daisy, go take a seat beside Huey, he has the afro." Mrs. Dover told her.

She looked straight ahead at me and began making her way over to me. She took her seat, didn't talk or anything.

"Hi, I'm Jazmine, where did you move here from?" Jazmine's optimistic self started.

"Jazmine." I warned.

"Florida." She answered, almost if she didn't want to be asked anymore questions.

"Leave her alone Jazmine, she clearly doesn't feel like talking, read the room." I whispered to Jazmine.

She sighed. "I just wanted to make friends with her, plus she's so pretty."

Jazmine is right, Daisy is pretty.

"So for today's class, we will be discussing the French Revolution."

I internally groaned.

"Does this school teach any other type of history?"

Everyone looked into the direction of the voice.

"Uh..not really..we go by the curriculum." Mrs. Dover replied a little stunned.

Daisy spoke strongly. "So..we won't be talking about how this land was taken away from the natives? Or if we were in the 1930s right now, I wouldn't be sitting here in your class, with these white students? Are we going talk to about that, or just ignore it?"

She had me stunned. Took half the words right out of my mouth.

Mrs. Dover couldn't even reply.

"She just made you her bitch Mrs. Dover." Caesar snickered.

Everyone in the class laughed along with him.

"Huey." Jazmine laughed. "She's just like you."

"Settle down. Seeing that this is a big issue, I'll take it to the principal." She scratched her head.

My brows rose.

"And I'll give a new assignment, present to the class about any type of history you want. This will be done in pairs."

Everyone groaned.

She started calling names. "Michael and Ms. Dubois...Huey and Daisy, I think you two will produce something amazing."

I looked over to Daisy and she was already looking at me. I nodded my head at her and she did the same.

Finally someone who's sane.

🤍

Feedback?