-𝟓.

𝙷𝚞𝚎𝚢'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"You think Daisy would want to try-out for the cheerleading team?" Jazmine walked beside me through the halls.

"I don't know Jazmine, you should ask her yourself." I was too busy reading my book.

"Okay, hi Daisy!" Jazmine's sounded a little further.

I looked up at and saw Daisy talking to Jazmine. With my eyes still in my book, I walked over to them.

"–Cheerleading isn't really my thing, but I love to see it, thanks for the offer." Daisy gave a sympathetic look to Jazmine.

Jazmine sighed. "Alright, let me know if you change your mind."

"Alright." Daisy gave a bright smile.

Jazmine nudged me, taking me out of my zone of reading. I locked eyes with her and she averted her eyes to Daisy, as if I was supposed to do something.

"Anyways, I've got to get going. Catch you guys later."

"Bye Jazmine." Daisy and I said.

It was just Daisy and I now.

"Wanna go to the tree?"

🪐

"Hey Huey."

"Hm?"

"You smell nice." She sat beside me with her knees to her chest, fiddling with a flower.

I put my book down on my lap and looked at her. "Thanks, you look..very pretty today."

I don't usually compliment people, it may have came out unnaturally.

She smiled with her teeth and her eyes. "You don't have to force yourself to compliment me back."

"Sorry, but you do look pretty." I was being honest.

She wore a forest green cropped camisole, a brown knee-length skirt, brown leather sandals and had her afro pulled back by a forest green headband.

"Thanks Freeman, I think you're pretty as well." She put the flower behind my ear. "You look even prettier."

Our eyes locked..it felt somewhat intense.

"Yo Huey!" We both looked away and saw Caesar walking towards us.

"What's up Caesar?"

"Some girl from my Geography class is having a party-"

"No."

Daisy giggled.

"Daisy was it? You should come." He smiled and looked at her.

I rolled my eyes.

"No thanks, maybe next time."

"Alright lil mama." He licked his lips. "Huey, I was just asking for you to drop me off, you don't gotta actually come to the party."