-𝟑.

𝑫𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒚'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽

There was a line for the vending machine and it was taking forever, all I wanted was a nature valley. I forgot to pack my lunch this morning and I refuse to eat the cafeteria food.

This white boy passed me in the line. "Don't take it personal."

During Black History Month?

My brows arched and I uncrossed my arms, then tapped him on his shoulder. "Hey..you skipped in front of me."

"Yeah, I said don't take it personal, sorry." He gave a weak smile and shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, I took it personal, can you head to the back for me?" I clenched my jaw.

"Chill out, it's just a line." He put a hand on my shoulder.

I side eyed his hand and grabbed it quickly, twisting it.

"Ah! Hey! Hey!" He cried out.

Everyone was looking in our direction.

I turned him around and twisted his hand behind his back and pushed him with my foot, making him run into a wall.

"Ooooouuuuuuu."

I rolled my eyes and stepped out the line. I lost my appetite.

"Daisy." I turned and saw Huey.

"Hey Freedom Fighter Freeman." I smiled.

"You know the teachers are looking for the person who pushed that guy?" He dug his hands into his pocket.

"They can come look for me." I pursed my lips.

He smirked.

"Come sit with me at the tree." I smiled.

He followed behind me.

"You're on lunch break too? Or are you being rebellious?" I asked him as we strolled.

"Lunch break, it's my last period. Afterwards I was gonna head home and come back for you later so we could go to my house."

"Well it's my last period too." I took a seat under the tree slowly.

"Did you eat yet?" He sat beside me.

"No, I didn't bother getting anything from the vending machine." My eyes stared up at the tree branches.

"You know it's not good to skip lunch?" He opened up his backpack. "It keeps your braining functioning throughout the day."

I closed my eyes and sighed with a smile on my face. "Okay Doctor Freeman."

"Here, it's a peanut butter and jelly sandwich." He handed me half of his sandwich.

I gave him a weird smile and took it. "You don't have to keep feeding me."

"If I don't, then who will?" He kept a straight face.

"That's sweet of you Freeman." I chewed and laughed.

🍄

"What kind of music do you listen to?" I asked in the passenger seat of his car.

"Soul music, jazz, a little R&B." He answered while making a left turn.

"I listen to all genres of music, depends on my mood." I leaned back into the seat.

His phone started to ring.

"Can you check who's calling?"

I picked up his phone. "Riley."

He groaned and clenched his jaw. "...Answer it."

I pressed answer and put it on speaker.

"What do you want Riley?" Huey sounded quite annoyed.

"You left me at school nigga!"

"You can take the bus like you usually do." His voice was so monotone.

"Maaaayyyynnneee, fuck that lame ass bus!"

I held in my laughter.

"Well I guess you'll just have to walk."

"I already got a ride from Ming."

"Then why did you call me and complain?" He sighed.

"Because you left me nigga!"

"Bye Riley." He signaled for me to hang up.

"Aye! You better not ha-"

I giggled. "Your brother?"

"Yes and knows exactly how to piss people off." He drove into the neighborhood I just moved into.

"You live here?"

"Yeah, why you ask?" He pulled into a driveway.

"I live in this neighborhood too."

"Welcome to Woodcrest."

🤍