-𝟐.

𝙷𝚞𝚎𝚢'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Huey met his match in History class today." Jazmine giggled to the group.

"Bitch...you lyin'." Riley sipped his Gatorade.

"No like, deadass. She's a new student and she got the same civil rights thing going on with her too." Caesar backed up Jazmine.

"McHater got a girl and I can't even make Ming go on a date with me, I'm down bad." Hiro sulked.

"Down horrendous, actually." Ming flicked his forehead, causing him to wince.

I kept my head in my book; 'By Any Means Necessary' written by Malcolm X. "She's not my girl."

"Then what is she?" Cindy asked.

I looked up. "Someone who shares similar interests as me." Behind of Cindy, my eyes saw Daisy walking out the cafeteria.

I shut my book, got up and grabbed my bag. "I'm coming back."

"Don't forget to wait for me after school! I have cheerleading practice!" Jazmine shouted.

I gave her a thumbs up and exited the cafeteria.

Where'd she go?

I wandered and went outside to sit under one of the trees. I spotted her sitting under a different tree eating an apple from her lunch tray.

I walked over and stood beside her. "Huey Freeman, I respect and support everything you said in class earlier."

"Huey as in Huey P. Newton?" She munched on her apple.

I looked down on her. "Yeah, and Daisy as in Daisy Bates?"

She smiled. "Affirmative, Freeman. Thanks for supporting my vision."

"It's my vision as well, and it can be made a reality." I noticed her food tray still had in all her food. "I take it you don't trust the food here either?"

"I'm already planning in my head to have a meeting with the principal about the school lunch." She finished her apple.

"I just pack my own meal." I dug into my bag for my avocado sandwich. "Here, it's an avocado sandwich."

She looked at it for a moment, then looked at me.

"Are you allergic?" I asked.

"No, it's just that's it's so nice of you." She smiled and took it from my hand. "Thanks, have half." She hand me half of the sandwich.

"Thanks." I took it from her and sat beside her. "If you don't mind me asking, when did you move here?"

"2 this morning, my mom wanted me to attend school tomorrow, but I insisted on coming today." She chewed slowly.

I took a bite and opened back up my book.

"You read Malcolm too?" She got so excited. "I have literally all of his books."

My brows rose. This girl just gets better and better. "So you're into revolution too?"

"I'd like to call myself a young civil rights activist, maybe a revolutionary left-wing radical if I'm feeling extra." She laughed.

I smirked. "Same here."

"What's your number by the way? We have to work on the presentation for history." She pulled out her phone.

"Oh, let me put it in." I typed my number into her phone.

She was looking at me, I could see her from the corner of my eye.

"You're staring." I kept my eyes in the phone.

"I just admire your afro a lot, what products do you use?" She sounded quite interested.

No ones really complimented my afro before.

"I just use Jamaican Black castor oil and water." I shrugged and handed her back her phone.

"Hmm, thanks for the tip." She packed up her things and stood. "It was nice meeting you, Freeman."

I stood up with her as well. "It's the same here Scott. I'll see you tomorrow..right?"

Why did I ask that?

"Yessir, bright and early." She smiled brightly. "I'll text you later."

"Okay." I nodded and watched her walk in the opposite direction.

🤎

"Bye Huey." Jazmine got out the car and walked across the street to her house.

"See ya Jazmine." I walked into my house. "Granddad! I'm home!"

"You went and talked to that bitch McHater?" Riley drank orange juice straight from the bottle.

"She's not a bitch, that's none of your business and stop drinking Granddad's orange juice." I smacked Riley upside his head and walked pass him.

"Ooowww! Y'all niggas always abusin' me!" He cried out.

"Where's Granddad?" I went to the stairs.

"On a date, he said to order something to eat. Can I have Cindy over?" He scratched his head.

"You can order what you want, don't have her doing whatever she wants here or I'll kick her out myself." I told him before going upstairs into my room.

I always thank Granddad for allowing me to get my own room, I couldn't stand sharing a room with Riley anymore.

I dropped my bag and put my book on my desk. I felt my phone vibrate in my pants.

Unknown number:
Hey Freedom Fighter Freeman✊🏾😌

Me:
Scott?

Unknown Number:
😌one and only

I quickly saved her number.

Me:
Are you free tomorrow so we could
start planning the presentation? I rather
we do it in person.

Scott:
My house is still of a mess since
I just moved in😅

Me:
We can do it at my place . Tomorrow
after school.

Scott:
Sounds like a plan👍🏾 anyways, goodnight
and have prophetic dreams young activist🧘🏾‍♀️✨

I smirked a little.

Me:
Thanks Scott, same to you. See you
tomorrow.

I put my phone down and yawned.

She seems cool.

🍀