⛧Who are you?⛧

"Earth to (y/n)! Earth to (y/n)!" Bert's voice brings me back to reality and I turn to see him and Jepha sitting on another couple of beanbags, both eating Subway sandwiches while Jepha hands me a bag with food from my favorite place. Dan is behind the counter now, Quinn leaning back against it in a break. "What happened to you?"

"Fuck..." I breathe as adjusting my position and grabbing the bag from Jepha with a thanking, leaving it on my lap with my phone. "Okay, so, I met a guy." Their expressions change in the same moment, but all I do is to roll my eyes and continue. "He said he would like to talk to me more and gave me his number, but... Dude, I guess it's not him. I went, like, oh, your bright red hair and shit and he was confused about me saying red hair and..." I pause, looking at them with confusion as trying to process everything. "He went offline, not understanding why I mentioned it."

A heavier atmosphere slowly makes itself present around us and even Quinn averts his attention away from the notes he was making and looks at me. All of them have a similar look on, like if just finding out a worrying new. I gulp.

Bert makes a motion to sign he's going to speak up, but needs to swallow his food first. "You say... red hair as in firetruck bright red hair? As in shaved on one side and all choppy, about jaw length, all greasy... Walks around always in a stupid blue jacket and with other three motherfuckers?"

"No," I say after thinking for a moment, breathing a chuckle, though it is mostly out of nervousness. They're weird sometimes. "No, not really like that."

There's a thick silence before Bert shrugs and everyone goes back to normal.

"Must be just a random idiot," he mutters before taking another bite from his sandwich.

"Stupid asshole," Jepha sighs. "At least the person you're talking to instead, are they nice?"

"I guess that's the only good point about it all." I breathe chuckle, a bit frustrated about everything since Gerard seemed so nice. "They're nice."

"Aw, c'mon, don't let an idiot like that upset you!" Quinn's voice comes from the counter and I look at him to see him smiling. "Also, up to going out this weekend? I thought we could go over to Devil's Nest again."

"Man, it's really been a while since we don't go there," Bert says as glancing back at Quinn.

"Wonderful!" I sigh as finally opening the bag of food.

~

"My boy, I'm going to fail college." My eyes avert from the papers to Dallon, who sits across from me, both of us in one of the marble tables out in the campus.

Dallon seems unimpressed, eyes glancing between me and my notebook. "What do you have to do?"

"That work... A poem. It'll be worth ten percent of the final grade," I groan as burying my face in my hands. "I have no creativity. The teacher said, write it based on your feelings, maybe, but even my emotional life isn't that impressive." And Dallon is Dallon, to a point not even my words being muffled like this make it incoherent for him. I let my hands drop to the table again. "At least I have a couple of months to do it and it's not even too much if you consider how the teacher expects us to pull on a fucking Edgar Allan Poe and present her The Raven."

A chuckle escapes Dallon's lips, what earns him a playful glare from me for laughing at my misery.

"I'm sure you're going to nail it, (y/n)," Dallon says, so calmly and casually that I'm almost completely believing him. "You're going to find inspiration and write something awesome, I'm certain."

"You've got no rights to be that nice, y'know?" I tease him with a pout, which soon turns into a smile after he chuckles. His attention goes back to his work and I find myself with nothing to do – I'm not working on that poem right now. I grab my phone.