⛧Together⛧

There's a piano in the living room, far against the wall, old styled and with a few decorations resting on top of it, though not enough to take away its charm. The first time I became aware of it was when I heard the notes echoing through the halls of the house and walked into the main room to see Ray, focused on playing each of the notes perfectly, playing something that sounded like Bach. Later, I saw Mikey doing the same, playing something I didn't know and just then I started noticing how the guys are connected to music.

Faint music plays in the background as Gerard, Frank and I continue our research through their aged books. Gerard hums quietly to himself and I remember catching him singing when coming down to the kitchen unusually early.

"Do you sing?" I raise an eyebrow at Gerard, glancing up at him as skipping through chapters.

Gerard immediately stops and twists his mouth a bit, shrugging. "I like to believe so. I don't care whether I do it well or not, I just enjoy doing it."

"He does," Frank mutters, "and really well."

"I walked into him singing once." I close the book, picking up another that's got a deep red cover. "It was low, I could barely listen to it."

"Sometimes you can get lucky enough."

"Stop acting like I wasn't here," Gerard groans, despite his cheeks gaining a red tone.

"Well, I'm not." I smile.

We take long enough, but we eventually gather around three books on the subject we need. Turning someone into a demon turns out to not be so easy, after all, even more considering we don't want to reach out to any superior. It's just not needed, they said, useless. Maybe I could turn into another creature, something else, but none of them trust anyone else enough to do it since they're not able to themselves.

"'Need a break." Frank sighs, burying his face in my shoulder.

"Then let's take a break." I press a kiss to his neck, running my nose along it softly, which makes him shiver and press closer with a relaxed sound.

"Give me love too," Gerard whines playfully, leaning against my other side and I chuckle softly, barely touching his shoulder when Frank's gasping and trying to kick Gerard away, though never too harshly.

"You don't deserve it!" Frank glares at Gerard and throws his legs over my lap, arms wrapped around my neck. It earns him a sour look from Gerard as he mocks Frank just to move to hug me at the same time he tries to push Frank away and, not surprisingly at all, chaos ensues. Thank hell I'm already used to all of it.

Later, Frank's taking a nap on the couch, so I decide to keep up with my promise and help Gerard dye his hair.

"You sure you want to live forever?" Gerard looks at me through the mirror as I spread the bleaching mixture over his strands evenly. His voice cuts thick through the silence the bathroom was set in, apart from the quiet sound of the brush against the aluminum and soft rustling of the plastic gloves clutching around my hands. "Or at least until someone takes you down, dunno. I don't say 'live forever with us', y'know, because you can leave anytime."

"I won't leave," I say softly, wrapping the aluminum sheet around the strand of hair before I can move on to another. "Life will be much more worth it with you guys. I don't know, being with you guys never makes me feel bad, guilty, attacked or something. It's even weird sometimes, I already caught myself wondering whether I was doing something wrong or not."

"Of course you're not." His eyebrows knit together, eyes meeting mine again.

"I know, I just can't help." I shrug. "There's just a lot I've been through. Some of it's still stuck to my head and there are some things I'm still letting go of. You guys helped and help me with it."